Reference for Ingress Chrome extension

rjwutrjwut ✭✭

Reference for Ingress, produced in association with Fev Games, is a Chrome extension that provides handy calculators and reference information in your Chrome browser.

Features:

• Portal build calculator: Build a portal and see its complete stats.
  • Attack simulator: Select a weapon and see how much damage is incurred by the resonators in any portal build.
  • Link and recharge calculator: Select two points on the globe (or paste their intel map URL) and see what portal level and link amp combinations can create a link between those two points. Also compute remote recharge efficiency over that distance.
  • Glyph hack reference: Draw a glyph to get it identified. Search the list of glyphs; select any glyph to see a list of the sequences which contain it. Practice glyph hacking any glyph sequence, or practice a random glyph hack for a particular portal level.
  • Septicycle calendar: See time remaining until the next checkpoint and the end of the septicycle. Browse a calendar showing all checkpoints and septicyles.
  • Reference: Look up various Ingress stats:
    • Agent levels: AP/medals required, XM reserves and hypercube capacity, recharge range
    • AP gain and XM cost for various actions
    • Field kit contents
    • Medal requirements
    • Portal levels: Hack cost, glyph hack time, number of glyphs, flip cost, link range, zap range, zap strength
    • Weapon levels: Fire cost, damage, range, efficiency

Hope you find it useful! I would love to hear your feedback.

Comments

• Ktulu789Ktulu789 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Wow! Seems to be pretty complete with lots of functionality! Awesome!

Do you think it could be ported as a plugin for IITC? I mean, to have mobile support, there are many agents around the world who don't have access to a PC.

I'm waiting for FevGames to also post about this. Excellent work, agent! Thanks!

• Hulk32Hulk32 ✭✭✭

Awesome! Really nice initiative!

Any plans for porting it to Firefox? I would love it ☺️

• rjwutrjwut ✭✭

This extension isn't new; I first built it a while ago, and I posted about it on the offical Ingress G+ Community back then. I realized recently that I'd never posted about it in the Community Forums since they became a thing, so I made this post. Now that you mention it, I also realize that we never posted about it on FevGames, so I should probably author an article about it so we can publish it!

Regarding IITC: Although Niantic appears to turn a blind it to it, IITC technically violates the Ingress ToS. Since FevGames partners with Niantic on stuff like First Saturdays, they'd be reluctant when it came to doing anything that looked like endorsing IITC.

I don't currently have any plans to port it to Firefox. I probably should do some reading on creating cross-browser extensions.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Isn't it against the ToS (copy-paste link from Intel)?

Niantic is very sensitive to that :(

• rjwutrjwut ✭✭

No, it's not. All the extension is doing is extracting the latitude and longitude from the URL, which is right there in plain text. It isn't scraping data from Niantic servers.