Ingress 2.48.2 Release Notes
NianticOfficial Niantic › admin
edited June 2020 in Release Notes
- Added a loading icon to Portal Keys to differentiate between neutral Portals and Portal Keys not yet done loading in inventory.
- On Android, fixed L4 Portals from color shifting when zooming in or out.
- On Android, fixed Sign in with Facebook from hanging on sign in.
When reading COMM Activities and Chat messages, COMM doesn’t automatically jump to the latest message.
- Agents have reported an issue where COMM Activities and Chat aren't loading on 2.48.2, and we've disabled this feature so we can investigate further.
- Fixed ability to tap items in the Attack carousel to advance to that item.
- Fixed initial stutter or hang when starting Portal Scan uploads.
- Updated missing translations for existing languages.
- Added updated voiceover audio for Hypercube.
- We're working to resolve an issue with conflicting or duplicate Ingress accounts on a small number of Agent accounts, and have sent an email to affected Agents from our @nia-ops.com domain. Please note that this will take some time to address, and we are actively working on it.
Post edited by NianticBrian on
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give 60fps mode
I'm a bit surprised that the current 'Apex' soundclip isn't the voice of ADA, but a different voice. I assume, due to the current situation, you can't get her voice actress to the recording booth. If this is also the case for the Hypercube soundclip? And is there a possibility to get ADA out of the bubble sometime in the future to replace the soundclips? Not that I don't like the new voice, but I feel like all the voice clips should be the same person.
No update for 60FPS i hope we soon can get 60FPS. I hope all sounds came from same person ADA way have onother person for APEX? Now i feel all new items in foture not get sound from ADA. I hope Niantic only run sounds from ADA on Items APEX and new Items. I hope hypercube have sound from ADA when i get the update.
60fps mode (new) with switch button to 30fps (now) will be Awesome! Our phones a long time ago can get game work in 60 or more fps!
Other fixes too very important, you doing great. Make Ingress scanner better and better!
Very good update.
Finally a fix for the comm. Thanks.
When we can expect new features?
Wow,bugs at Android are fixed,really? Not at ios?
Tired of updates with ios bugfix only,really ios gamers arent a 25%. Yes,i tried Iphone it works nice,but this game wasn't iphonic,somebody even got Eva medal :)))
And,about Android,why not give an extra access (alpha one) to apk for those who dream about very beta almost alpha? Thats not ios,you can tell that alpha testers need to post logs via adb,as an example.
@InvestigateXM we did a single recording session that covered multiple features, but didn't add everything to the Ingress app at the same time (Apex voiceover in the last release, Hypercube in this release, etc.). I'm looking into the ADA situation, but that was difficult at the time of this recording session.
Which is understandable, of course. It's just the smallest of nitpicking from me. Thank you and your team for continuing to deliver updates during these times.
Lock now and I cant use it. Please fix it soon. I have Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Exynos and Android 10 @NianticBrian
@jontebula can you tap the top center button to end the New Agent Training tutorial? Features get locked during this tutorial, which is probably why you're seeing this. And as to how you're seeing this, this seems like it might be a new issue if you didn't manually restart the New Agent Training yourself, and we'll investigate. Did this just happen after updating the app to 2.48.2, or were there any other steps you took before opening the Main Menu?
Is that a Dronenet icon in the bottom left? Have they officially announced that feature yet?
Not help. I test clean data unistall the app and reinstall. Locks never remove and I cant use nomination or drone and other with lock. 😪
@NianticBrian Opening COMM shows an completely empty COMM in the activities tab. Only when you evoke a second refresh by either closing and re-opening or by changing the distance the COMM messages actually appear.
@NianticBrian What does the drone net thing do? And is it active in the new update? All excited!
As a new updates for "Ingress Prime" app, give us the "Dronenet" button and "Recurse" button on my new phone devices, Moto z4 with the new upgradable 5G!!
And a new features is here!! Thank you, @NianticBrian and everyone!!😘
Cause we..... are.......... the RESISTANCE!!!😎
Have a nice.......... PIRATES SUMMER day, Ye mateys!!!!!!🏴☠️🦜
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when boost charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
9. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
10. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
11. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. (supposedly fixed) Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. (supposedly fixed) Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
2.47: 4 nominations available
After the update, the Recon badge counter stopped moving. The wayfarer site shows the number of agreements and upgrades going up though.
Cancel the alarm. After three restarts of the application the lock disappeared.
Is it possible to increase multiplication rate on the Quantum Capsules? They are a really rare item, and you can't duplicate VR items, so they are really useless right now.
This update was nice anyways.
Edit: Also, it would be really nice and improving if the 65AP per recharge would maintain even after quarantine. This allows agents to have a bigger reward when recharging daily their portals, besides the recharger badge. If you notice, power cubes are abundant and only have one use that is keeping the XM bar nice and high, but you don't need a ton of them for that. On another note, besides keeping the recharge AP on 65, it would also be very improving if the decay rate is increased to 20% because of all the reasons above, and because it would bring down the portal life to 5 days which is more than enough time. Let's make the core concept of Ingress (XM) the most valuable resource, and give power cubes the core tool to any agents actions, and let's make maintaining structures as hard as building them!
Pls fix at iPhone popup of new medal achievement! it's just not in game!
I believe 60fps would be rolled out after Niantic shutdown.
When will u share details of Dronenet ?
@NianticBrian Niantic work on 2.48.3 to fix locks bug or server side and Niantic turne on when all agents have 2.48.2?
All Medal/badges descriptions are still untranslated, and th overlap on the level up requirements are still a thing:
Also I noticed that in the store the Upgrades description are still the as it was when only Frackers exists, not including Apex.
Also, mind units in comm got translated, but it still not showing up correctly and sometimes don't even show up entirely. This happen because the line became too long in some languages. In Portuguese the MU only show if the agent name is really short, and even that way, if the control field is too large, it won't show all number (I've seen the maximum of 5 characters so far).
I forgot to include an additional bugfix in 2.48.2, that the ability to tap an item in the Attack carousel is fixed and working again in this release. I've updated the OP.
@Hydraulinski medal names, descriptions, and Agent stats are going to remain English-only right now. The Store string should say
Temporary Boosts. It looks like the PT translation we received is
Intensificadores temporáriosand should be included in a future app update. Does that look right to you? Re: COMM, this needs some layout changes vs localization/translation changes so that the information is visible.
Ingress Prime 2.48.2 don't working :
Device: Samsumg Galaxy J5 (SM-J500M)
Android version: Android 6.0.1
Ingress Version: 2.48.2
Are there any other apps running in background? No
I love Ingress @NianticBrian . Thanks to the whole team for all your efforts!!!