Tap hacking is better than glyphing. Convince me otherwise.

MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭

Be it resolved that tap hacking is better than glyph hacking.

1) With tap hacking you can look at the view* instead of your phone. Explore the world!

2) Tap hacking doesn't mess with your mind by telling you the shapers are mind body and soul and other weird stuff. Better for mental health!

3) If you tap hack, you can keep walking. Physical activity matters!

4) Inventory fills up less quickly so you can travel further and do more interesting things before trying to recycle all your gear.

*I would post a picture of said views but I lack the ability to post pictures yet. But if I did post a picture, it would be beautiful and very persuasive and everyone would agree that glyphing is chumps.

MX-will-glyph-for-keys-XW

Comments

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

But if you are (like me) working on Translator? Kinda defeats the purpose.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

Pfft, if you can't hack while chatting a bit you need more practice.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I tap hack when I'm low on time, otherwise I glyph.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

Glyph saves my time - gives more gear so less hacking for me, if I would only tap, I would have to hack more times or waste my hs and mh.

• Unfortunately, tap hacking yields very little stuff these days. I miss the walking farms, chatting with teammates, scanner in one hand, beer in the other

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

You can drop a reso on a unique portal and get credit, don't have to hack those l1's

"You can drop a reso on a unique portal and get credit, don't have to hack those l1's" . This doesn't count towards hacker, and doesn't replace mission hacks.

@Pangarban Correct. Only for Explorer.

• totally agree. I glyph for keys or frackers only.

• MrCathulhuMrCathulhu ✭✭✭

Yeah same, I just have my dealer drop off gear to my door anyway.

• @ArtilectZed my understanding was that deploying gets you Pioneer credit, and hacking gets you Explorer credit.

• Sure, if you live in a portal dense area...

Deploying can get you both Explorer and Pioneer credits with one action, hacking can get you Explorer credit. I've found that when I'm in a new area, and I'm already near cap, just deploying resos is nicer than having to worry about inventory management.

• MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭

My brain is very lazy. It doesn't like exercise.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

i dont glyph. glyphing means i have to stop and wait.

its also annoying that farming with other people used to be about wandering around together and talking, now everyone always says "shut up im glyphing"

i guess its fine for people who do it, but glyphing has destroyed the social aspect of the game in many respects. the little bit of time that can be spared to meet up is spent with people telling me to stop distracting them.

i like the option available. i dislike the cost of having the option available. it has made the game a lot more anti-social.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

@Digitalis that's why players in my city go drink beer after farming, or every month we have FS, to recompensate time spent on glyphing. I understand that not all has time for beer or doesn't like it, but a lot of them doesn't have possibility to collect xmp-8 other way and fracker lasts only 10min.

Frackers and ITOs have mitigated the anti-social side of glyphing. When we have a frack in our area, most of us are full after 3 frackers and can get on with eating, drinking and talking.

• CesparCespar ✭✭✭

@Losanguinos just going to jump in on the "keys" part - prime has the hack key option so can even do that with out glyphing now ..

I love glyphing though :D

• When you're doing missions then tap hacking is essential (unless you really like spending half the time recycling). If you're building up to an anomaly then glyph glyph glyph.

Otherwise, whatever.

• I glyph all things where possible. If I fill my inventory i'll drop gear to other players that are in need of it (some players can't glyph due to motor skill issues or other conditions). I'll then glyph hack the gear back. I like stats so the glyph points one is of interest to me as well as they hack to Glyph point ratio. As other have mentioned I use it as a brain exercise as well.

As for it interfering with socials. Doesn't seem to affect ours when we have them. People go home will full bags and fuzzy heads 🤣.

• After reaching black translator I just tapped hack for a couple of days. Now if I’m playing alone I glyph if playing with teammates I tap hack

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭

Why should we convince you? If you don't want to glyph, then don't. I'm fine with that, it means there is more kit in the portals for me ;) :p

• ic3maxic3max ✭✭

I increased glyphing a lot ever since they permanently gave us the opportunity for more keys. it's quite annoying to drown in inventory but the keys matter and my AP/hour almost doubles