Ingress 2.47.2 Release Notes

Comments

• That's great! but it's time to implement more significant changes, because of the pandemic you cannot leave home, it would be good to go out and play for a while even if it is near the portals that I have at 500mts but not. It would be a good implementation to increase the radar range up to 500mts to be able to play from home.

• Why stop at 100? They should let us interact with every portal in existence.

/s

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Two bugs. First,now remote portal view probably has smaller range to select and hop to one portal(eg to have a look what's that portal). Second,sometimes chat on the main screen is empty or only with one record(if open COMM,there are actions,but main window chat behaves a bit odd).

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

If we continue such speculation, then it would be interesting to try interacting with the portal regardless of distance.

It's clear how to make constructive actions (deploying or charging): I see a portal on map, in COMM actions, or I have a key, so I can reach it.

But how to produce destructive actions such as an attack? I have no ideas. In PoGo there is remote raid pass, but the players are fighting against the system there, and not against each other.

• Actual laser blasts from the avatar ship that you can upgrade the range/strength based on turning your device towards a resonator or portal to attack and the blast range and hope for the best from a distance without being near a res or portal...it still triggers attack notifications though in real time.

• zlzlzlzl ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

S-pen does not work in prime from the very beginning. It worked in normal scanner.

My galaxy note 8 is not extra new device but it is not outdated also.

• was the app supposed to auto-**** itself??? :S or is that a bug ...

• Depends on what your actually trying to say ?? As its starred out on the post but I can think of a lot of replacement 4 letter words.

Anyways if you explain whats happening your side properly we can then see if anyone else is/has/had similar issues...the more detail the better helps.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes. It's like not giving a chance when @NianticBrian actually responds in this thread. It sucks that we're not getting much insight from Niantic (yes, I know it's Niantic) during this pandemic but Brian shouldn't be the punching bag.

We have no idea what they have for a priority but since they're acknowledging the FEV Games teardown, it looks like they want to incorporate some functionality of RPE for Ingress. Also, updating the database that sounds like a mess from what @ofer2 has provided.

I understand there's still issues and bugs at hand here. The green portals showing up as blue would be a top concern if it just happened from the previous update.

• Well seeing as Brian & Casey are NIA (NTIC) Agents Then I expect them to take some kind of responsibility for the issues they as the company are causing...so using your terminology of a "punching bag" is a bit harsh and can also be referred to as bullying but they should be responding more often to the players/community users and addressing things more like a good company should...Each issue solved is valuable feedback if you work with the playerbase either directly via an inbox/DM/email message where tweaks can be made within a time window on specific accounts etc..and if it crops up again then they have the possible solution to create a permanent solution further down the line...but these days the words "we are not having any widespread issues and no other agents are reporting this issue" really makes my blood boil when there is clearly an issue and then they go silent and ignore the users/players/agents

I Actually prefer the term "Constructive Feedback" :D

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Emm...just noticed because only one arm7 device left in working condition. So:

First: arm7 has no 2.47 update only 2.46 and no matter about RAM?

Second: arm7 devices with less 3 RAM have no field animation?

Seems arm7 devices will be soon discontinued without warning,just as was with Android 5-6 users for Prime(and all for Redacted).

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as computer if you like run new games you need better computer or GPU. Prime need better phone. Now we wait for @NianticBrian or niantic spend all time on stability and bugs. They only spend on money and make new avatars supbscitions and battle bacons system. I dont care about 100 new and cool thinks w3 csn do and pay for. I only wait for stability when filds with keys work good, fild destroy or remove, attack notifications works and we can start prime and loading app before the other team take over the portals.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

I agree about "i need stability" but about "them" - not in all. Ingress actually is a beta-stage to test new features,as promised before. So,devs test new way of implementation assets(eg this update) and we see this as a "**** is that,update with one audio". About "new pc",again can agree,my gf was using A7-16 with arm before it died under rain on night Ingress,-and i am happy it not works now.Really,Ingress needs enough cpu/gpu/ram speed,especially this unity one junk,oh i mean Prime.But it's not a good manner not to tell on official(!) page with system requirements that this OS/cpu arch won't be supported for a newbie who is interested. The latest news are about KitKat:)))

Prime relese world wide and not in beta now.

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

I totally agree - just like PC game makers show minimum/recommended specs for their games, Niantic should put minimum/recommended/supported phone specs, and also preferably before a forced update, so that those whose phones will no longer be supported will be notified of that fact and will have time to figure out if they want to get new phones or ditch Ingress.

Where are the update? I dont get it in Google Play Store. We must wait for 2.47.3 and somthing faild with 2.47.2?

• Just when I think your actually starting to sound Intelligent @jontebula you go and say something stoopido like this again @DSkatauri knows Prime has been released worldwide but what they meant was "INGRESS" Is being turned into a testing ground (sandbox/beta) for new features for there other games & future projects and this has been mentioned by other users as well....so we are the future games beta testers by testing the features in ingress with all our devices

Rather than posting random comments all the time.. try reading up on some of the threads more.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Scrolling through comms is still impossible when there are other actions taking place.

Auto scroll should occur when detecting the latest event, or a timeout of say 5 minutes

GPS still jumping around in an open park, tested other devices, still occurs reliably, makes the game unreliable to play especially with very short time windows for play.

Agent Stats copying is tab formatted, which creates unnecessary hassle and creates errors when organising First Saturday's

When trying to make a link, it takes a very long time for the available links to show up.

If a portal was recently captured, and you try to link from it, game most of the time shows links that it cannot do, even though it can, restarting the game is a hassle to work around this.

Portals occasionally disappear from the map view, still showing links and fields, but you cannot tap onto said portal, restarting the game is a hassle and wastes valuable time.

Lastly, story. I know there is very few that care about it, I care about it, but it is so disjointed, sporadic, that the story loses all cohesion, in the first 5 years we had multiple videos and story elements every week, now we get, maybe, 2 at most in one month, if at all.

Anomalies, and Hexathlons are now a distant memory, and not heard of any upcoming events whatsoever, one of the delights I played Ingress for so long is that it gives incentive to travel, obviously not possible right now, it would go a long way for a time line of projected events from Q4 2020 to Q2 2021

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

One additional thing, the population density map used for calculating scores, Is ridiculously out of date

• @Itsutsume thanks for the detailed feedback. highlighting some items for the team.

Where are the update? @NianticBrian i never get it in Google Play Store.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Seems still no 2.47* for arm(eabiv7a). And no answers is 32-bit arm arch is discontinued.

[sarcasm mode on] maybe some p2w only and ios only,just because?xD [sarcasm mode potentially off]

• You might be onto something there, but if true its another bad decision it seems removing players on older devices even if they are new players...only time will tell I guess.

• Ingress don't work un Android 6 :c please helpme

You can help and fix it. Buy new phone with Android 10.