Portal Scanning Feedback Request
This is for developers.
I'm excited about the AR development and community driven input to form the new system. I would like to get some general feedback on videos you are receiving so I (and others like me) can submit the best portal scans possible. Here are a few points of interest to direct the discussion:
• I notice much of the time the video reverts to blurry (out of focus) quality [daylight and nighttime]. Is this inherent?
• The time lapse is often too short for a slow walk-around, so I will take & submit several scans - capturing the statue in increments. Good? Bad? (Better to have a replete scan than a slow one?)
• Is it helpful to have varying angles, or in beta testing does the height of users seem to provide enough variability?
• How helpful are still photos? Should we add to the portal photo repertoire as we go around scanning?
• Will there ever be directed scanning? Where you will request us stand at a location to start, because there is one area that has a void?
• On flat art or hanging bas relief or dedication plaques, I try and start at a an angle capturing the profile (kissing the wall basically) and then walk in a parabolic path to until I am at the opposing profile. Is this overkill or helpful?
• I cannot use my flashlight when scanning. Is this something you might want to enable? [I play at night.]
Just some ideas that occur to me, I'm sure the community will have more questions. Basically because of the time investment and limit on submissions, I (we?) want to make sure my(our) scans are helpful.