1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when boost charging.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
6. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
7. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
8. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
9. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
10. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
11. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
12. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
That's great! but it's time to implement more significant changes, because of the pandemic you cannot leave home, it would be good to go out and play for a while even if it is near the portals that I have at 500mts but not. It would be a good implementation to increase the radar range up to 500mts to be able to play from home.
There was one agent who wanted to increase range to 100 m because that's how far the closest portal was to them. You want to increase range to 500 m for the same reason. I think it's a great idea, but just to be safe let's just increase range to 100 km, this way everyone should be able to reach their closest portal.
Why stop at 100? They should let us interact with every portal in existence.
Two bugs. First,now remote portal view probably has smaller range to select and hop to one portal(eg to have a look what's that portal). Second,sometimes chat on the main screen is empty or only with one record(if open COMM,there are actions,but main window chat behaves a bit odd).
If we continue such speculation, then it would be interesting to try interacting with the portal regardless of distance.
It's clear how to make constructive actions (deploying or charging): I see a portal on map, in COMM actions, or I have a key, so I can reach it.
But how to produce destructive actions such as an attack? I have no ideas. In PoGo there is remote raid pass, but the players are fighting against the system there, and not against each other.
Actual laser blasts from the avatar ship that you can upgrade the range/strength based on turning your device towards a resonator or portal to attack and the blast range and hope for the best from a distance without being near a res or portal...it still triggers attack notifications though in real time.
S-pen does not work in prime from the very beginning. It worked in normal scanner.
My galaxy note 8 is not extra new device but it is not outdated also.
was the app supposed to auto-**** itself??? :S or is that a bug ...
Depends on what your actually trying to say ?? As its starred out on the post but I can think of a lot of replacement 4 letter words.
Anyways if you explain whats happening your side properly we can then see if anyone else is/has/had similar issues...the more detail the better helps.
Yikes. It's like not giving a chance when @NianticBrian actually responds in this thread. It sucks that we're not getting much insight from Niantic (yes, I know it's Niantic) during this pandemic but Brian shouldn't be the punching bag.
We have no idea what they have for a priority but since they're acknowledging the FEV Games teardown, it looks like they want to incorporate some functionality of RPE for Ingress. Also, updating the database that sounds like a mess from what @ofer2 has provided.
I understand there's still issues and bugs at hand here. The green portals showing up as blue would be a top concern if it just happened from the previous update.
Well seeing as Brian & Casey are NIA (NTIC) Agents Then I expect them to take some kind of responsibility for the issues they as the company are causing...so using your terminology of a "punching bag" is a bit harsh and can also be referred to as bullying but they should be responding more often to the players/community users and addressing things more like a good company should...Each issue solved is valuable feedback if you work with the playerbase either directly via an inbox/DM/email message where tweaks can be made within a time window on specific accounts etc..and if it crops up again then they have the possible solution to create a permanent solution further down the line...but these days the words "we are not having any widespread issues and no other agents are reporting this issue" really makes my blood boil when there is clearly an issue and then they go silent and ignore the users/players/agents
I Actually prefer the term "Constructive Feedback" :D
Emm...just noticed because only one arm7 device left in working condition. So:
First: arm7 has no 2.47 update only 2.46 and no matter about RAM?
Second: arm7 devices with less 3 RAM have no field animation?
Seems arm7 devices will be soon discontinued without warning,just as was with Android 5-6 users for Prime(and all for Redacted).
Same as computer if you like run new games you need better computer or GPU. Prime need better phone. Now we wait for @NianticBrian or niantic spend all time on stability and bugs. They only spend on money and make new avatars supbscitions and battle bacons system. I dont care about 100 new and cool thinks w3 csn do and pay for. I only wait for stability when filds with keys work good, fild destroy or remove, attack notifications works and we can start prime and loading app before the other team take over the portals.
I agree about "i need stability" but about "them" - not in all. Ingress actually is a beta-stage to test new features,as promised before. So,devs test new way of implementation assets(eg this update) and we see this as a "**** is that,update with one audio". About "new pc",again can agree,my gf was using A7-16 with arm before it died under rain on night Ingress,-and i am happy it not works now.Really,Ingress needs enough cpu/gpu/ram speed,especially this unity one junk,oh i mean Prime.But it's not a good manner not to tell on official(!) page with system requirements that this OS/cpu arch won't be supported for a newbie who is interested. The latest news are about KitKat:)))
Prime relese world wide and not in beta now.
I totally agree - just like PC game makers show minimum/recommended specs for their games, Niantic should put minimum/recommended/supported phone specs, and also preferably before a forced update, so that those whose phones will no longer be supported will be notified of that fact and will have time to figure out if they want to get new phones or ditch Ingress.
Where are the update? I dont get it in Google Play Store. We must wait for 2.47.3 and somthing faild with 2.47.2?
Just when I think your actually starting to sound Intelligent @jontebula you go and say something stoopido like this again @DSkatauri knows Prime has been released worldwide but what they meant was "INGRESS" Is being turned into a testing ground (sandbox/beta) for new features for there other games & future projects and this has been mentioned by other users as well....so we are the future games beta testers by testing the features in ingress with all our devices
Rather than posting random comments all the time.. try reading up on some of the threads more.
We've bern suffering through prime for two years now.
Compass issue is still an issue for ingress players without magnetometers... but not an issue for pokemon go players without magnetometers.
Comms still showing partial lines of text making messages unreadable.
Purple color scheme still barely visible for some users, blindingly bright for others.
Jagged edges because theres no anti-aliasing.
Glitchy. Slow. Requires "new phone" but even phones thay surpass app requirements provide inconsistent results.
Tap anywhere to bring up attack menu. Do away with attack button.
Reinstate 'navigate to'
XM should be white, and should sway.
Fields should be textured, not solid.
Map should zoom out farther.
Map should be updated to reflect current world.
Map should show railroad tracks, water ways, buildings, and shorelines for parity with redacted.
You're wasting your time and money on prime. It was supposed to attract new players, but it cannot, because it does not work and it is not new any more. Old users were supposed to get used to it and continue playing, but they cannot, because on a unity server, peime xan never achieve parity. Prime is down to a 3.0 rating on google play. Redacted was 4.3. Its a sunk-cost fallacy to invest further in prime. There will be no ROI.
Unity is too slow and clunky as a platform for this game, and frankly, its too slow and clunky for your other games as well. Also, you DO NOT OWN UNITY. The same thing that happened to redacted could happen to prime, to POGO, and to HPWU at any moment.
What is needed is a non-unity platform, created by, and owned by niantic. A platform that the original scanner will work on.
You think prime is so much better? Make redacted a separate game. Make us start from scratch. Make us create our own portal network from nothing for all I care. See who plays what.
Scrolling through comms is still impossible when there are other actions taking place.
Auto scroll should occur when detecting the latest event, or a timeout of say 5 minutes
GPS still jumping around in an open park, tested other devices, still occurs reliably, makes the game unreliable to play especially with very short time windows for play.
Agent Stats copying is tab formatted, which creates unnecessary hassle and creates errors when organising First Saturday's
When trying to make a link, it takes a very long time for the available links to show up.
If a portal was recently captured, and you try to link from it, game most of the time shows links that it cannot do, even though it can, restarting the game is a hassle to work around this.
Portals occasionally disappear from the map view, still showing links and fields, but you cannot tap onto said portal, restarting the game is a hassle and wastes valuable time.
Lastly, story. I know there is very few that care about it, I care about it, but it is so disjointed, sporadic, that the story loses all cohesion, in the first 5 years we had multiple videos and story elements every week, now we get, maybe, 2 at most in one month, if at all.
Anomalies, and Hexathlons are now a distant memory, and not heard of any upcoming events whatsoever, one of the delights I played Ingress for so long is that it gives incentive to travel, obviously not possible right now, it would go a long way for a time line of projected events from Q4 2020 to Q2 2021
One additional thing, the population density map used for calculating scores, Is ridiculously out of date
@Itsutsume thanks for the detailed feedback. highlighting some items for the team.
Where are the update? @NianticBrian i never get it in Google Play Store.
Me neither 😒
Seems still no 2.47* for arm(eabiv7a). And no answers is 32-bit arm arch is discontinued.
[sarcasm mode on] maybe some p2w only and ios only,just because?xD [sarcasm mode potentially off]
You might be onto something there, but if true its another bad decision it seems removing players on older devices even if they are new players...only time will tell I guess.
Ingress don't work un Android 6 :c please helpme
You can help and fix it. Buy new phone with Android 10.