Can’t add text to text box

Anyone else have an issue with selecting the text box in mobile Safari to type in your message? In Safari it won’t focus on the text box or bring up the keyboard when I click the text box to comment or create a post. I had to use Firefox just to post this.

IPhone 8, iOS 12.3.1

Tagged:

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It happens to me on my desktop with Chrome. I try to inspect the element and it looks like a specific class from the Rich Text Editor fails to load.

• This also fails for me on desktop Chrome / Windows at work.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

This frustrated me on multiple browsers on multiple OSes. For a while, Chrome on my Android was my only option.

Eventually, whatever was stuck became unstuck. (Though bizarrely, I have never successfully logged into this forum using Chrome on either Windows or Mac.)

I suspect the issue has to do with apparent server-side caching of drafts of posts/comments... and stalled calls to whatever system/database actually stores those drafts. I suspect the cached draft eventually expires and unsticks the unable-to-use-textbox issue.

• maRschinemaRschine ✭✭✭

Same here with chrome on android. 🙄

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If I'm also reading Vanilla Forums support correctly, the Rich Text Editor is the default editor.

It looks like there's "Advanced Editor" which was the default for older versions of Vanilla Forums. They can be used side by side.

• Thanks for flagging y'all, looks like this is actually a bug with the Community itself, not our configuration. Our partners are looking into it for us now. I'll provide an update when I have more information.

• Hi folks, hearing from my team that this issue has been confirmed fixed. Please let me know if you're continuing to have issues commenting via mobile.

• SvardodSvardod ✭✭✭

Looks like it is fixed for me on Safari. Thanks!

• X6996X6996 ✭✭

Works also for me again on Desktop version of Chrome and Firefox

Thank you

• Thanks for the confirmation! I'm going to close this thread since it seems like it's been resolved.

This discussion has been closed.