Portal Scanning Immediate Fail Message

LilmavericLilmaveric ✭✭✭

While attempting to upload my portal scans this morning, I am now Immediately upon clicking Upload recieving the message "Portal Scan Upload Failed."

Is anyone else coming across this and being prevented from uploading their scans?

Comments

• I encountered that a few days ago. The devs have so far been good about having the game back out of failed scans without corrupting them, but it looks like the implementation of background uploading introduced a bug that corrupts some scans if the upload is interrupted by leaving the app. The only way to fix it was to clear all scans and scan everything again. Very frustrating when you have 30-50 scans queued up.

Until they've fixed this, I recommend going back to the old process of just letting Ingress sit open while the uploads are taking place.

• LilmavericLilmaveric ✭✭✭

Thank you for responding, I appreciate it. That is quite frustrating as I do have that amount queued up and ready to upload.

• When did you scan them? Has it been too long? I feel like waiting too long could possibly damage/corrupt the scans or something...

• LilmavericLilmaveric ✭✭✭

I had scanned them yesterday and uploaded some of them during the evening successfully. This morning the issue occurred. :( I believe what BERN1ESANDERS described is what happened. It is very frustrating putting in the time to scan and then have something like this happen.

• I had 101 scans stored at one point and then i started uploading them, after 20+ successful uploads the app crashed and i had to restart the app. After i did, i tried to upload to upload/continue the uploads and it did and i kept track of my scans i got the exact match. This has had happened twice with me now and i did not lose any scan. Idk.. lucky...?

• I had the same problem.

I got one scan uploaded.

After trying to upload 30++ times and looking for information on this site.

Next day I did ten scans and uploaded right away with no issues.

Back on WiFi again and not uploading.

I got in to the file where the scans were stored. I deleted five six files that looked corrupt and after trying to upload again. With no luck.

I cleared all files and went out recording a scan. And when back on WiFi it uploaded with no problem.

I used 10$ in network fee and 12h lost in time.

I will try only to do five scans and upload later using wifi only. It is to experience to do direct upload for me