Ongoing Server Testing: May 14

Comments

• AzaroleAzarole ✭✭✭

Is the scanner working yet?

• Latency is still present at 12:44 French time on the scanner. the intel is also very slow, even out of order. Notifications have not worked for me for several days (Android users) and I'm not the only one having the problem

• rockaBerockaBe ✭✭

It is frustrating.

Since you do these "tests" for weeks without any felt improvements, but more frequent bugs, it is actually not predictable how the game will ruin my actions.

Will links not be destroyable, even when both connected portals got cleared? So I cannot link as planned... See https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/10145/bug-ghostlinks-unremovable-links

Will there be lag, so it takes 8 minutes to fully deploy a portal? So that the plan I made won't be achieveable before my time runs out...

Will no interaction with the sanner be possible? So that I can't even do anything...

It's a real shame how you ruined a really joyful playing experience into a buggy, "fancy" ****. Sorry, since the forced change to Prime, the game lost its fun and especially its stability.

Period

• リチャージ中に「スキャナー動作不良。現在地が不正確です。」が出ましたがリチャージはそのままできます。ポータルキーから別のポータルへ移動してリチャージもできます。しかし、インベントリから出るとこれまでの現在地不正確のメッセージが出たときと同じように何もできなくなります。

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine using an APEX which you paid for, only to find you can't play the game, because the maintenance of the day before has gone over into testing and the game is unplayable.

• Twice since this maintenance started, I tried going to profile page and it showed me a blank screen. Pressing BACK then going into profile page again showed the badges.

My FS badge and stats in the profile page didn't show a tick, even an hour after I got the "new medal" notification inside the scanner. Restarting Prime updated the profile page.

I've noticed general flakiness with profile and stats in the last few releases now, not generally reproducible and always solved by a restart.

• "Whatever you guys are testing, I suggest you stop testing it."

They're testing our patience 😁

• I had and still have the same problems. 30 sec 1 minute per resonator recharge. hacking a portal 15 sec delay, capture a portale 20-40 sec delay, some time even 1 minute. in the morning it was unplayable.but afternoon things got a little better. East europe.

• D0nDarknessD0nDarkness ✭✭✭

just sucks...ruining daily gameplay. ....more and more agents leaving ingress.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

How long will these server updates last yet? A few days? Or weeks? Or months? It looks like there's no end to them.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Any ETA on how long this will take? Was hoping to go out and make some triangles today. Should we scrap any potential plans to plays Ingress today? I really dislike even trying to fight scanner / Intel lag.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a timeframe when these live server update maintenance are over, how much left?

• Welp, I lost my hack streak. @NianticCasey can you help?

• cmaxxencmaxxen ✭✭✭

I think we're all for progress and improvements.. it would just be great to have some creature comforts and dialogue as we go.

To collate, add to and reiterate some of the comments folk have already made, I think it would be super-helpful to have:

1) Planning of dev-work to explicitly avoid end of game-cycle and planned-event conflicts. People spend time and money on these things in advance, even if Niantic doesn't see it all. It's hella frustrating for the game to suddenly break itself with apparent malice aforethought but with less warning than the players put-in in advance planning.

2) Simultaneous announcements of the start, incl UTC time, of server/map-affecting work across all of: in-game, this community and social media. Sometimes happens, yay, do it more please. :)

3) Simultaneous announcements of the definite end, incl UTC time, of server/map-affecting work across all of: in-game, this community and social media. As part of the process of devs-winding up whatever they were doing, no matter how long it actually takes, letting the playerbase know it's over would be great.

This last one would tell us when in-game/map problems were now definitely bugs again, and not the semi-expected, likely-to-be-ephemeral side-effects of dev-work.

Perhaps the devs could whittle up a dashboard button for you all, to streamline the process of writing, vetting, amending, retracting and sending such simultaneous announcements into the game, to here and to other social media?

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Right Well to start with @NianticCasey I've been documenting the issues & tagging certain niantic staff in each update that was released ever since the umbra update for me back in December 2019 messed everything up on the post linked below < https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/7937/bug-ingress-prime-has-undergone-a-memory-wipe > up until I stopped at update 2.44 as it seemed like i was getting nowhere & everything was falling on deaf ears here in the community and also at the helpdesk they just snap back at me saying "we've escalated the issue to our developers but your the only one having the issue so we are not bothered with fixing it" response style I even went through the process of finding a screen recording app with audio recording for proof as images only tell half a story and attached these with private youtube links and videos which i've also sent through the heldesk as well....this hasnt been resolved yet as of may 2020 & recently I thought there was a ray of hope when @ofer2 popped up with the secret log mode and then followed up on how to do it correctly then when I had this information ready for them they were gone and haven't seen them since

*im the phantom around here so only I can disappeer effectivley*

so as a possible bug the information has never beens sent on privately as it looked too sensitive when pasted to a text file to be pasted openly in the forum as you may already understand one device with a unique issue may in turn have a secret issue with other devices & android versions down the line so looking into my issue MAY have prevented for example the issues your currently having on android 5/6/IOS,Now im not saying that is exactly right but you never know unless you look at all aspects going forward...these issues including the above mentioned issues and as your aware the current issue with the mission creator should be looked at more sooner to keep gameplay going and release pressure on you when you do unannounced maintenance like this thread.

I physically can open my app/scanner and get to the logon screen but thats it i also have missing logon animations/maps/HUD Menu's etc have gone plus then I get a blank screen where the map is supposed to be with two clashing mission style/nearby bubbles for the portals near me that when I tap disappeer and leave me with a blank map that i cant do anything with but close apart from the sound because of this I lost out on continuing the umbra deploy medal when the scanner gave up and my issue even now is still unresolved so you can see WHY I have no faith in the Niantic Ingress Team & this is the world I want to be apart of and only do a bit of POGO Or HPWU when im bored however I have done more on that side while im no longer able to use ingress yet the other two games work fine within reason I have had conversations over comms with a few local agents that have had similar issues but they also made my game interesting in my short time by finding the opposing portals and taking them out and the longer the issues go unresolved the less likely I will want to return to the fun I was having before and advancing to the likes of OPR/Wayfarer status or even A Vanguard or Portal Scanner Scout etc...same with many original players who have give up

If I could actually get into the scanner and use it like I used to (and enjoy having a little power over the Pogo/HPWU players) I actually felt important the more I learnt and played & spoke about it with the pogo players and they were impressed & shocked at how us "portal" players create and maintain the POGO Map but not having my secret agent spy scanner technology makes me feel like im nothing these days and all the weight i was losing from walking loads of KM/Miles has kinda been put back on as I cant go gaming/excercising like I was even when fetching essentials during this isolation its weird walking past places you know are portals and in control by another faction and I can't do anything about it (looking at the intel map) so this is why i threw my self into the forum to try and help/annoy others but if I was active I could have added loads of new quality submissions to my area & instead I lost out on loads of potential new portals that other players have now found and created and I lost adding my agent name to this database to say I was apart of this niantic ingress journey yes if I get back into it I can find new ones but thats not the point.

Alas the summary point im making is no REAL support from Niantic developers for players = no money for the ingress team from players that we may or may not be willing to part with...cmon most of your income is because of our efforts over the years and it feels like all we get off you from what im reading is a big slap in the face this plus my own experiences as a new player just dont make us feel valued by you.

Phew...that was a mouthfull.

But there you go.

• Give us back our beloved "REDACTED" while performing testing/updates to prime.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian actually, I was able to field this evening (around 7-8 pm cst) without many issues. First time I've fielded that location in Prime without my GPS deciding to wander off multiple times. So you must be doing something right. Thanks! 👍

Still loving the deep colors associated with fields from a prior update. Very blutiful!

• Enl

• VicusSapphiresVicusSapphires ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • ABeerSlayerABeerSlayer ✭✭✭

Items inside of capsules were moved out of capsules overnight. Multiple people in my group saw this happen to them.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Today i got an error that after deploying the last res i couldnt link from the portal. its like the game froze on the last res and it thought u cant link out if one resonator is missing.. restarted app and waited a few minutes still got me resonator missing error eventhough it looked it was filled with 8 resonators... kinda frustrating with that bugs...

• Portal, which is actually there, is not displayed no matter how long I wait.

In particular, the portals around this area will always be like this.

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=35.803795,139.719795&z=18

• "Welcome to the Club" - We are all in the same boat where @NianticOfficial @NianticBrian @NianticCasey @ofer2 will only apologise for the loss of soujourners/hack streaks then ignore you because they have no idea on how to fix it...ask again in 202X where the answer will probably still be the same.

Condolences from Me at Least :(