Ongoing Server Testing: May 14

Hi folks,

We will be conducting some backend server tests on May 14, starting at approximately 1:00 pm PDT. During these tests, you may experience some Scanner latency and intermittent access issues on Intel Map. If you notice other errant behavior during this time, let us know in the comments.

Thanks for your patience!

Tagged:

Comments

• CrhodanCrhodan ✭✭✭

ok

• <3

• Good Job I cant play at all thanks to all the bad updates that just make things worse...i've just got no faith in the Niantic Ingress Team Anymore until you can prove me wrong.

Loss of Recent Players/Vanguards included.

• Is there a way to help , our side , the tests? Coordinated launch of the app in some scale or visiting the intel map through mobile and pc /computer and various browsers in order to stress the infrastructure somehow?

@NianticCasey @NianticBrian

• 👏

• I hope you fix the Wayfarer bugs

• Wish me luck, everyone!!😘😘 Cause I sense that my phone and my Ingress scanner was actually super fast by the new upgraded 5G at the same time!!

#Ingress #IngressShoutOut #IStayAtHome #ResistanceEnlightenedTogetherStrong

• Hi folks,

I just heard from our server engineers that these tests are going to continue overnight and into the day on Friday, May 15 (Pacific time). Don't worry, we have alerted our teammates in the Asia-Pacific region, who will be keeping an eye out for urgent issues so please continue to let us know what you're seeing here.

Thanks again for understanding!

• Don‘t work. Errors with login, can‘t handle the keylockers, can‘t recharge a portal and also can‘t check the scores...

• When the app is going to be working again?

maybe i will loose my daily hack of 316 days.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The game is barely working. Stopped working half way through my walk, restarted three times, then it loaded the map, but no portals/links. After a few minutes some of the surroundings were loading, but actions take forever. Noretrieserrors when trying to either deploy/destroy/mod/hack.

I suggest you guys do some more maintenance. SMH.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

This forum can't upload mp4 so i renamed screen recording,but even in that way i can't upload mp4. So here's the link to gdrive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1iR9fAPAvtAC4CaAljek5mfM6X5CbHv/view?usp=drivesdk

I'd like to ask if You are going to make smth with servers and this can lead to lags,please turn off bursters first. In other games i play,if there's a tech works on server,all users gain some defences from the admins not to be attacked while lags can be. How can a person defend Portals with lags? I can tell - almost nothing to do. Attacking always was easier.

For those who will tell that a problem is with my internet - no,the problem IS WITH ingress now.

And sorry again,English isn't my native.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

Exactly an hour ago the scanner almost completely stopped working: latencies increased significantly.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Defending in Prime is almost impossible anyway, unless you had your scanner open at the time. (But then you don't get notifications so you'd have to pay attention to the bottom right, and hope it updates in realtime.)

Yep. It's the maintenance that turned into testing, and it caused "unexpected issues". Or something, I don't know.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Intel is very slow at the moment.

• JpDDRJpDDR ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Intel login via google is very slow.

Recharging resonators goes very slow also. It ten akes 2-20 seconds / recharge. Most often around 3-6 seconds / recharge

• It wont load my profile page since. I was trying to check if my FS badge ticked up and it's really slow. If finally.loaded after 2 minutes

• edited May 2020

next time, just turn off servers, and do it. QUICKLY THEN.

not specified maintenance end time, and even extended test? It’s been like 14 hours. What the actual heck?

ps. I miss old [REDACTED] times.

• Everything is still super slow, nearly impossible to play

• RuinDigRuinDig ✭✭✭

The maintenance and test announcement must make notification in Ingress Prime app.

• NearhNearh ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Thanks for the heads up, although if it was more in advance than 30 minutes next time, that would be very much appreciated.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Imagine driving to a PITA for some OP, only to find Ingress and Intel are both not working.

This has now been going on for 15 hours. Past three hours Prime is unplayable almost completely. Intel gives 502 errors.

Whatever you guys are testing, I suggest you stop testing it. Jeez louise.

Also, how is it we can get Shoutouts and other push notifications in the game, but important news, like this, is relayed through Telegram and the forum? I really can't wrap my head around the choices you guys are making @niantic xD You guys act like Harry Potter.

• 05.15.20 @ 0541: Springfield, Missouri, Prime is slower that all get out. Hack....nothing and then portal out of range. Recharge take 1 minute...what gives gang?