Question(s) regarding IFS at home

So i'm taking part in IFS, but the group i'm taking part in IFS through, is hometown-ed or officially named is from other city/state. So now the question is when i recharge portals, do i have to recharge portals of that city(under which the IFS is registered/name?) or any portal from any city is fine? Can someone please clarify this?

@NianticBrian @NianticCasey @NianticOfficial

Comments

• abshaabsha ✭✭

Recharges somes portals ,that's all , we don't care where they are you just have more recharge on you profile stats between first measure and second measure :)

• A step by step video for those of us who have never run a FS would be more helpful and what if you have no willing opposition players nominate as a leader ?

• I have a legit question for Virtual First Saturdays

In my small city we never have events (nowhere near enough local agents)

But I have 3 major cities within an easy 20+ minute drive (which is how I did events like field tests in past)

When looking at First Saturday even, the best (for me) start time is in a non local city (approx 4 hour drive)

Can we register for a different city since it is virtual or no? I have physically been in the further city (prob once a year avg) and hacked portals there previously

And they have way more agents registered for event already (like 100 there vs 20 locally)

• That was kinda my question and the answer seems to be a yes. Take part in any FS, as long as the group leader and others are willing to let you in.

• edited April 2020

Like other folks have shared, you can join any Virtual FS site from home and recharge Portals you have Keys for. I’m planning to join a few (you only get one medal increment, but I think it’ll be nice to meet Agents face to face to face over video).

We also just clarified this at the end of this forum post here: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/10677/archives-hank-johnson-medal-and-virtual-fs-loadout

• Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated.

• Why would Niantic give out a code to First Saturday @ Home which is fully redeemed in less than 24 hours? Worse, why release the code to everyone before the participants had a chance to redeem the code? What were they thinking???

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Where did NIANTIC release it??

It was in player managed passcode servers within minutes of it being solved considering contents the master codes lasted a considerable time..

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Missed you unfortunately wasn't any of the 6 ifs I managed to attend unfortunately :(

• not the place guys. Don't hijack. This thread is done.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know when they typically release the IFS badge? Just wondering.

• Soon™

• CtrlAltDuckCtrlAltDuck ✭✭✭

Typically 10-14 days after IFS but we extended the score submission window to allow people to fix errors in theirs so this badge may be slightly delayed.