Scanner Glyph built into the Scanner.

DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Many, the vast majority, use it, even old players, especially on farms. Agents with iOS, unfortunately, do not have such applications. Many new or rarely playing players face the problem of memorizing glyphs and glyphization and of course use this program. Isn't it easier to embed it in the Scanner itself? Who wants to will use it without any third-party applications from third-party developers. Thanks.

p.s. Sorry, my english is not very well))

@NianticBrian @NianticBrian

Tagged:

Comments

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

I, an iOS user, have no problems with glyphs, I also see a good bunch of Android users not using that particular app to speed up their bonus.

I get the point to use the app-it can significantly reduce getting no translator points at all, but it also reduces one of the fun I see in the game.

My best answer to this question is-get an android if that is a matter. If not, there is no problem.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

What next? Isn't it easier to get agent an ability to manually entering stat data and amount of desired stuff right in profile?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

ehh.. who is using this? maybe new players? i still am bad with names and i play since 2012... but i remember glyph patterns after all years... i dont need no third party app to glyph hack? i never heard of anyone using this really in my local chats....

• edited May 2020

As a new player, I've found that my lack of playing is getting in the way of getting to level 10 to submit more pokestops. If Niantic could make it so I can just choose to be level 10 so I don't have to play, that'd be great.

Seriously though, new players will only be doing 1-to-3-glyph sequences, and can use the "simple command" if they're having trouble remembering each glyph. Glyph hacking is a memory game first and foremost. Showing the glyphs they should be tracing takes away the point of the game.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I don’t mind learning the glyphs and trying to remember them. It’s all part of the game. I’m on iOS if that matters.

I have no idea of the normal names for them though. I go by what I remember them by. For example; “Box, slanty box, upside down box, bow tie, visor, four with a f-****, left diamond, right diamond, V, upside down V, Pope hat, alien face, devil face, don’t touch the dot in the middle.”

EDIT: That was really dumb that the name of the ant from A Bug’s Life without putting a hyphen in.

• That app is broken. Doesn't work with prime. Anyway, already memorized most of the glyphs. So..meh

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭

One of the best pieces of advice a veteran player gave me when I was just starting out was, learn the actual names of the glyphs. That way, many of the 4 and 5 glyph sequences make sense as logical phrases and it's easier to recall them instead of nonsense like "twisty hat broken paper clip house roof pizza slice".

• Most of the veteran players consider glyph overlay apps like this cheating FYI (well maybe not "cheating", just not particularly cool to use). Just learn the glyphs and don't take shortcuts, it's a better game experience. If you're having trouble with memorizing them, try glyphing level 1 or 2 portals until you got the glyph names down, then move on to higher level portals for the sequence sentences.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Never used it and never had to. I doubt the majority use it either.

• I use paper and pen

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

The best glyph app is brains. Perhaps you should be looking for an app that increases your brains :D

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious about how you call the over 900 pokemon.