Coronavirus effect on events.

drLackodrLacko ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Events

Will the ingress events be rescheduled , because of the coronavirus? Holding the NL1331 events during this coronavirus epidemic would be unfair for those players, who want to attend the events, but they can't. Also it is not a good idea to motivate people to travel around during this epidemic. You should take into account, that there will be some players, who will attend your events, no matter what, and take home the virus. So please Niantic reschedule the NL1331X events, and the Munich anomaly to a later date, when the coronavirus epidemic calms down.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

a time like this its most likely all ingress events like pogo will be cancelled, more and more countries go into alert mode where they encourage citizens not go out more then neccesary to buy food or medicine.. i cant imagine niantic would go through by having all upcoming events this month as nothing has happend worldwide with the corona virus...

• Dirtyjoe619Dirtyjoe619 ✭✭✭

Or restructured for social distancing. They did it for First Saturday. I think they should at least try for the Anomaly.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

an update to what niantic plans for events including the global challenges which are put on hold would be nice.... too long silence on this. Yes we know there is pandemic worldwide but there is no reason not to communicate what are your plans...the epidemic could last through the entire year and maybe longer so they need think of next year perhaps for most events then..

• spiesrspiesr ✭✭

The fact that nobody knows when the pandemic will lessen to the point where it would be appropriate to hold live events (it could be years) makes making plans kinda impossible. What do you expect them to tell us? Unless they have decided to permanently end live events due to the declining playerbase/revenue I'm sure there is nothing to announce.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Ingress without any events feels weird, now our Nemesis challenge stand still... Give us global recharge challenge during times like this maybe so we can do something atleast from home. Even portal scanning now isnt the best idea. A little communication never hurt anyone.

Did u not read the vanguard post?