Media capsule

Besides everything that is happening why not put a media capsule that works exactly the same like key lockers?? (Even for payment) some agents love to collect medias like first year media to now days. But they have their inventory space reduced for this passion. With a “media locker” Niantic can earn money with that and agents love to purchase those capsules. Just saying...

Comments

• If it were to happen, would we need to take them out to view/access them or would it be more like a Manila folder/scrapbook chronicling the Investigation? 🕵️

https://media.1331.nl/

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say take them out.

I've been asking/suggesting this for years now.

• I fully agree with you @M4NDR4, I also like to collect medias and I would love to have media lockers to be able to keep them 😍😍

• I agree as well - great idea!

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

Great idea but something tells me this will barely make a dent in the funds needed to make ingress solvent. Still... I would buy one or two

• Same. I'd buy one. I actually used to collect media till I looked at myself in the mirror and realized I'm a hoarder. So I got rid of all my media aside from my Toast from the April Fools ****. I put that **** in a Quantum Capsule that I renamed "Toaster". Now I have 14 Toast. When I get above 90, I'll start dropping them on prominent portals that I take down just so that whoever was charging it gets a good laugh.

Also, I understand why Niantic doesn't want to allow us to purchase more Key Lockers (something about inventory management being part of the game [idk]), but I know quite a few people who would buy more of them. Like myself.

• This is a great idea with all the media we will need to keep in the next six months!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian

any chance we can get a media locker once redacted is retired ?

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

This is actually quite an inspired idea kind of like your own personal investigation board like the one they had way at the beginning of the game.

• This seems like a great idea and one lots will be interested in. However, I do see that it may cost more to allow us that extra space for media than it would make them in revenue. Unless the one off cost to us is relatively high then maybe the cost of the space for NIA would be higher? 🤔

I'm sure they know the answer to that

• MegaSteeliXMegaSteeliX ✭✭✭

Yep, since Tessellation has 196 medias in total and to collect them, lets say all or at least a half, will cost a lot of inventory reduce…

• KururuShinkiKururuShinki ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Why not make medias do not take up any of your inventory space like gifts from other game?😣

Or just giving us the option to expand inventory🤔

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭

Why would media take up any more space than they already do? Some master copy is stored on a server, or on some cloud provider like googleusercontent, and shouldn't take up more or less server space depending on how many accounts have an item of that particular media. The inventory item is just some entry in a database that points to the media file, and a thumbnail. I seriously doubt a copy of the actual media file itself is made when an agent acquires the media inventory item.

• Now that CORE subscription exists, an extraordinay benefit could be:

Media items dont count on inventory for CORE subscribers.

Just got this idea.

• I seem to recall reading that the reason that Niantic is not keen on more key lockers is that they are particularly server-intensive when they load/unload.

But as we have lots of capsules which we can use for regular stuff I suppose the same problem wouldn't apply.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian

I'm still one to vote up a "Media Locker", especially if when you bought it, it were one that contained (most of) the previous library of media for my perusal. Make its availability a perk of CORE subscription. (The only media I personally couldn't bear to recycle yet are the hard-earned 13 from the Archetypes decryption challenge. HARD earned, those were lol.)

Another potential CORE perk: a Wayfarer locker. I've ... kept souvenir copies of ALL my OPR/Wayfarer-created keys. If I had a way to browse through those portals, even if they're "read-only" things, I'd be immensely happier.