Some of us are trying to be good posters!

Please help us Niantic Ingress Forum!

When we get the wait for approval notification, sometimes our posts go through a day later, sometimes they're lost in the ether forever.

Since it's not posted anywhere whether or not there's a character limit, or what the restricted words are, or what the average wait time is for approval, etc... some of us are trying to adjust our posts and retry to avoid the unknown flags.

If we had a way to delete our post request, or our posts in general for that matter, had them listed in their own category as being on hold for mod approval instead of sometimes, sometimes not, being collected in our drafts along with actual drafts, we may be able to help reduce the repeat post spams.

We want to be good. Help us!

Going back to my corner now, patiently waiting to find out if my comment or post attempts are suddenly going to flood the forum again. At the moment I am helpless to prevent it.

Comments

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

From what I was told by a moderator its a key word list that they have to try and avoid spammy posts. Seems like they have too many words on their list.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I wonder what that word list is because I got tagged and for the life of me, I have no idea why. I haven't seen any repercussions from it but I will admit it bugs me.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

Character limit I believe is 10000. I can check really quick. I know a lot of people are struggling with posting and hope this gets resolved soon.

@Ishira where did you hear that? Most forums I am in do not have a character limitation plus Casey told us there is a "bad word" list

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/3637/#Comment_3637

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

I was guessing off of my almost 7000 character post. buttttt i just did a test! the character limit is 7983. ;) i was incorrect with my thoughts on it being 10000. using 5 separate character counters and messing with a post i was able to find our correct character limit

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

Hazzah!!!! We have our character limit!! Add it to the list of rules were collecting on behalf of the forum

edited June 2019

I just had a comment get put into manual review that was only 10 characters long (used the a bad word that sounds like ham).

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

This keeps happening to me too. I have no idea why... or what the criteria is that's causing rejection and it's driving me bat shiz cray. Trying to pitch in and have a good time here. It's getting to be too tiresome with all the guess work and fear of spamming duplicates. Arg. I don't want to be negative.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

It's kinda frustrating right off the bat. Hopefully things will smooth out over time and some things that need loosening will be loosened and those that need tightening will be tightened.