Of all the ARGs I am playing, Ingress is the ONLY one which is having this issue.
Not a device issue, many people are having this problem
Yes! Only Ingress Prime have the problem with lication and GPS.
New update: It seems that reinstalling the app didn't help at all. In at least 50% of the times when I try to open the app the phone is locked. I have however found out that I may force a reboot of the phone by keeping the on/off button pressed for a long time. I've tried different approaches in order to work around the problem (amongst them I've changed the phone setup from Norwegian to English), but everytime I think that I might have found the solution I get a new crash.
Really frustrating having hiked high up on a windy, snow covered mountain, or paddled my kayak 8-10 km out to a remote island, only to find that I have to leave the portal there untouched. Luckily for me the portal alone isn't the main motivation for getting outside.
Help... i lost 2/3 of my Badges ... I do not really know, what the problem is??? Is it a bug???
@Goldrand There is a bug floating around that is causing a variety of issues within Ingress...However Dont Worry your badges are still there...the fix I've been seeing is to simply change your phone language into "English" or if you have the options in your app settings then just set the "Ingress Prime" App Language to "English" you should then see all your badges/menus reappear correctly....The Team have stated they are looking into the issues that are causing this.
The "portal submit" option is missing after latest update.
Test restart app 3-8 times. Works for me to see nomination icon and I can submit. I hope Niantic fix the bug in 2.46
Trouble with scan portal. Auto scrolling COMM(old). Maybe later send screen in COMM and active link, intel, forum, site, no more. Thanks.
same here, only a iphone 8
I also dont see any attack values, and with the share button disabled i cant sign up for the first saturday, tomorrow in my own city
It's been posted here several times, but you can set your Ingress app language to English in iOS. Make sure you have the english keyboard added, search for Ingress in the settings app (top bar) and change the language for Ingress to English. It will resolve your issues.
There's a serious problem with linking, for the last two months at least. Sometimes linking is not possible, although a key is present in the inventory and all other conditions for the link are fulfilled. That happens almost daily during micro linking in the city, but also for long distance links. Here's a screenshot where micro linking wasn't possible in spite of the fact that the key to destination portal was available, source portal was fully deployed, max. number of outgoing links was not reached, range was adequate, there were no blockers, etc.
Then the player went to the destination portal and was able to throw the link in the opposite direction.
Also, a few days ago one long distance link (125 km) couldn't be thrown. There wasn't anything inhibiting the link - key was available, the source portal was fully deployed, the range was sufficient (almost twice the intended link length), no blocker links in the way, no other outgoing links from the portal... we checked absolutely everything. The player lost almost an hour restarting the phone, clearing cache, packing all other keys into capsules, but nothing helped.
The same problem was already mentioned here
@NianticBrian @NianticCasey please look into this, it's a critical bug.
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when boost charging.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
6. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
7. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
8. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
9. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
10. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
11. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
Nice list. Some things that are not on it.
. Linking will give noretries error when throwing links fast and skipping the animation. (The portal will disappear from the linking screen until restart)
. Uncaptured portals are listed as owner: Unknown. Should be Uncaptured.
Agree with everything but the overly attached girlfriend thing, has been in the game forever, please keep it :)
All of a sudden whilst re-charging, the roads re-appeared! Not sure why and still no word from Niantic. Pffffffft!
The map (roads/buildings) returned yesterday in the middle of my recharging of portals, not sure why they left, not sure why they came back either. Thanks to all who tried to help and Booooo to niantic who did not try at all.
If The Resistance Has ADA voice prompts then that stays as normal...However if The Greenie Meanies (Enlightened) had Jarvis Screaming Voice Prompts at them would that make Him an Overly Protective "Im Not Dead" A.I Boyfriend ?? Just a Thought...plus depending on who wins the initial faction select intro the voice could switch at this point when the two fight for your control/loyalty.
So the roads have made a return to the Future from Back In The Past...Doc Brown Will be really upset then ?? It must be all that Air Traffic congestion in the clouds... Cant Beat Railway Travel..Steam Powered Of Course.
Still getting the never ending Niantic logo on LG X Power. Android 6.0.1. On Wi-Fi. Has literally only gotten worse past 4(?) updates. Used to be able to work around it now it doesn't seem to matter what you try to do. Never ending logo :/
I hope you can Fix soon the problems with the sounds effect in the portals and the halo circle scanning in the avatar,and this too, the portals from the two last version ago, in some portals have both colors in the same time and it's really confuse...
This workaround works for me. thank you.
Finally a Update!
The previous version, as if it were the release of Prime!
With a Great New "Power/Update" comes a Great Responsibility to "Destroy" the Portal World with the Scanner Technology and "Please" the Community Further.
Yes Yes I know I kinda chewed up the uncle ben spiderman famous quote to peter parker but that was the whole point . :D :P
optimization for Iphone XR!!
The new update has been published for almost a month, at this update I still cannot access Ingress. Still getting the never-ending Niantic logo on my Android (HTC M8 android 6.0.1). The DEV NIA team didn't really want to fix it. They always make mistakes in updates even though it worked well before. Is the game about to end ??
Same as @BubbleBlack , The new update has been published for almost a month, at this update I still cannot access Ingress. Still getting the never-ending Niantic logo on my Android (HTC M8 android 6.0.1). The DEV NIA team didn't really want to fix it. They always make mistakes in updates even though it worked well before.
Soooo @N0F do you also have the same device as @BubbleBlack or are you both the same person...only asking as you copied there post word for word.
I can understand the Android Version numbers being the same as others however.
Also I recommend that you both comment on the latest version notes regarding this as not many people monitor the old notes when new versions come out.
I don't know @N0F. I feeling bad when the 2 updated versions go through, without the status of bug fixes that can't access Ingress on 6x android systems. It seems they didn't support it anymore and didn't have any notifications?
Hopefully its only temporary and they are not phasing out these android versions as well...theres a lot of talk about it in newer posts under "release notes" and the newer version numbers.