Ingress 2.45.1 Release Notes

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Of all the ARGs I am playing, Ingress is the ONLY one which is having this issue.

Not a device issue, many people are having this problem

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! Only Ingress Prime have the problem with lication and GPS.

• New update: It seems that reinstalling the app didn't help at all. In at least 50% of the times when I try to open the app the phone is locked. I have however found out that I may force a reboot of the phone by keeping the on/off button pressed for a long time. I've tried different approaches in order to work around the problem (amongst them I've changed the phone setup from Norwegian to English), but everytime I think that I might have found the solution I get a new crash.

Really frustrating having hiked high up on a windy, snow covered mountain, or paddled my kayak 8-10 km out to a remote island, only to find that I have to leave the portal there untouched. Luckily for me the portal alone isn't the main motivation for getting outside.

• Help... i lost 2/3 of my Badges ... I do not really know, what the problem is??? Is it a bug???

• @Goldrand There is a bug floating around that is causing a variety of issues within Ingress...However Dont Worry your badges are still there...the fix I've been seeing is to simply change your phone language into "English" or if you have the options in your app settings then just set the "Ingress Prime" App Language to "English" you should then see all your badges/menus reappear correctly....The Team have stated they are looking into the issues that are causing this.

• The "portal submit" option is missing after latest update.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Test restart app 3-8 times. Works for me to see nomination icon and I can submit. I hope Niantic fix the bug in 2.46

• asadithasadith ✭✭

same here, only a iphone 8

I also dont see any attack values, and with the share button disabled i cant sign up for the first saturday, tomorrow in my own city

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been posted here several times, but you can set your Ingress app language to English in iOS. Make sure you have the english keyboard added, search for Ingress in the settings app (top bar) and change the language for Ingress to English. It will resolve your issues.

• Jena24Jena24 ✭✭

There's a serious problem with linking, for the last two months at least. Sometimes linking is not possible, although a key is present in the inventory and all other conditions for the link are fulfilled. That happens almost daily during micro linking in the city, but also for long distance links. Here's a screenshot where micro linking wasn't possible in spite of the fact that the key to destination portal was available, source portal was fully deployed, max. number of outgoing links was not reached, range was adequate, there were no blockers, etc.

Then the player went to the destination portal and was able to throw the link in the opposite direction.

Also, a few days ago one long distance link (125 km) couldn't be thrown. There wasn't anything inhibiting the link - key was available, the source portal was fully deployed, the range was sufficient (almost twice the intended link length), no blocker links in the way, no other outgoing links from the portal... we checked absolutely everything. The player lost almost an hour restarting the phone, clearing cache, packing all other keys into capsules, but nothing helped.

The same problem was already mentioned here

@NianticBrian @NianticCasey please look into this, it's a critical bug.

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

2.46? 🙃🙃🙃

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice list. Some things that are not on it.

. Linking will give noretries error when throwing links fast and skipping the animation. (The portal will disappear from the linking screen until restart)

. Uncaptured portals are listed as owner: Unknown. Should be Uncaptured.

Agree with everything but the overly attached girlfriend thing, has been in the game forever, please keep it :)

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

Voice options:

• ADA
    • Jarvis
    • Overly-attached girlfriend ☺️
  • All of a sudden whilst re-charging, the roads re-appeared! Not sure why and still no word from Niantic. Pffffffft!

• The map (roads/buildings) returned yesterday in the middle of my recharging of portals, not sure why they left, not sure why they came back either. Thanks to all who tried to help and Booooo to niantic who did not try at all.

• If The Resistance Has ADA voice prompts then that stays as normal...However if The Greenie Meanies (Enlightened) had Jarvis Screaming Voice Prompts at them would that make Him an Overly Protective "Im Not Dead" A.I Boyfriend ?? Just a Thought...plus depending on who wins the initial faction select intro the voice could switch at this point when the two fight for your control/loyalty.

• So the roads have made a return to the Future from Back In The Past...Doc Brown Will be really upset then ?? It must be all that Air Traffic congestion in the clouds... Cant Beat Railway Travel..Steam Powered Of Course.

• Still getting the never ending Niantic logo on LG X Power. Android 6.0.1. On Wi-Fi. Has literally only gotten worse past 4(?) updates. Used to be able to work around it now it doesn't seem to matter what you try to do. Never ending logo :/

• I hope you can Fix soon the problems with the sounds effect in the portals and the halo circle scanning in the avatar,and this too, the portals from the two last version ago, in some portals have both colors in the same time and it's really confuse...

• MicMacTCMicMacTC ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Finally a Update!

The previous version, as if it were the release of Prime!

1001 problems!

• With a Great New "Power/Update" comes a Great Responsibility to "Destroy" the Portal World with the Scanner Technology and "Please" the Community Further.

Yes Yes I know I kinda chewed up the uncle ben spiderman famous quote to peter parker but that was the whole point . :D :P

• optimization for Iphone XR!!

• The new update has been published for almost a month, at this update I still cannot access Ingress. Still getting the never-ending Niantic logo on my Android (HTC M8 android 6.0.1). The DEV NIA team didn't really want to fix it. They always make mistakes in updates even though it worked well before. Is the game about to end ??

• N0FN0F ✭✭

Same as @BubbleBlack , The new update has been published for almost a month, at this update I still cannot access Ingress. Still getting the never-ending Niantic logo on my Android (HTC M8 android 6.0.1). The DEV NIA team didn't really want to fix it. They always make mistakes in updates even though it worked well before.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Soooo @N0F do you also have the same device as @BubbleBlack or are you both the same person...only asking as you copied there post word for word.

I can understand the Android Version numbers being the same as others however.

Also I recommend that you both comment on the latest version notes regarding this as not many people monitor the old notes when new versions come out.

• I don't know @N0F. I feeling bad when the 2 updated versions go through, without the status of bug fixes that can't access Ingress on 6x android systems. It seems they didn't support it anymore and didn't have any notifications?

• Hopefully its only temporary and they are not phasing out these android versions as well...theres a lot of talk about it in newer posts under "release notes" and the newer version numbers.