Wayfarer

Does anyone else think that Niantic should separate Wayfarer for ingress and pokémon go?

I had a few months without qualification and now that I come back I have had pure requests of this style or altars to saints who do not comply with the rules because they are in residences. I only checked 15 requests and my reputation bar dropped from green to red.

Many pokémon go players (clarifying, I do not say all) think that it is better to accept everything so that there is more fun and that in no way affects others. In a way they are right but it is not the objective. In my point of view, a portal or a pokestop is a striking place that attracts you to meet it. Not the garden outside your house.

The pokémon go community itself is taking the fun out of rating requests and this started when they created wayfarer.

Comments

• Separating them will not solve the real issue, which is low quality poi's in system. This might help the Ingress players, but not NIA. You best bet is to report such portals and hopefully they get taken down. And when they do, NIA should keep track of this and punish/reward players who reviewed those nominations. Temporary ban for the cheaters and maybe 2+ count towards the badge for the agents who did the right them.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

They literally merged the nominations across the games for an unified system. It also makes it easier to see if people are trying to game the system.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of experienced Wayfarer reviewers have recently dropped to red. I reported it as a bug in the Wayfarer community (the place they want us to discuss wayfarer now) and NianticCasey has noticed and said he's flagged it to the Wayfarer team. He posted in a discussion to say this, but said he was aware of the bug report.

If you want to help Niantic pay attention to the problem, go to the following threads and upvote them. (On bug reports you can only vote up the first post. On discussion threads you can "like" any and all posts):

• Ech0TomEch0Tom ✭✭✭

If Niantic gave the other games all the POI that Ingress has most people wouldn't even want submissions at all.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ech0Tom Of course they would! How else would they try to turn their house into a stop?

• MaineBeachMomMaineBeachMom ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I'm curious where you get this data and about what many Pokemon players believe...?

Sounds like you were frustrated after your rating dropped (which could be due to the Wayfarer rating issue happening recently) and immediately decided it was dedicated pogo players, of whom many are seasoned reviewers by now.

We're all reviewing the same submissions and only get agreements if we use the criteria given to us. A Wayfarer can't just accept everything and not tank their rating.

We are all on the same unpaid Niantic payroll and should be respectful to fellow reviewers. :) Hopefully they'll figure out what's causing the weird rating drops lately. Best of luck to you.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

poor poi come from ingress and pokemon go.

gold recon medal + good/great rating as requirement to be allowed to submit would be a first step to reduce the out of criteria submissions

• Perhaps it would be clever to reduce the amount of submissions while giving the possibility of earning additional ones via a certain number of wayfarer agreements.

• is there anyone know whats happen here?

is there any other way so i can be a reviewer?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@houseofjack You need to pass the test before you can become a reviewer, so that you can show you understand what should and shouldn't be accepted. I believe you can take it again after... 30 days? I don't remember.

• Hello, an apology for answering so far. I do not usually go to the forum to see and today I was curious to review my post. As well as I play Ingress I also play PoGo so I am in several groups on WhatsApp in different cities and I have spoken with several communities and in many they share the same thought that I propose in my publication. Now, I know that it is not all the reviewers who qualify like this. I've never had this problem in 2 years of review since Ingress OPR until the arrival of PoGo players and now Wayfarer. I don't want to blame or blame. It was just a post to take out my discontent and also see if the community shared the same problem as me

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I am part of an active 5000+ person Wayfarer discussion forum, with the majority of the members being primarily PoGo players.

I have seen both "approve everything" and "reject everything" sentiments. One of the arguments that I've seen in favor of rejecting everything is that it is the fastest way to get agreements and rack up upgrades. There's a pretty obvious logical flaw there...

Someone there has told me about another group that they are in, and that group will vehemently reject any submission that has any flaw whatsoever, including them not liking the way the title is capitalized

• You should really stop thinking that all pogo players are idiots.

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

The problem is Niantic won't do reviews of stuff that doesn't pass their criteria but gets accepted. You could 5* spam a water filtration plant and get it approved. But Niantic won't take it down.

• if I find something like that what can I do, there are so many abuser in my area,

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

The community are only for Ingress Prime not Wayfarer.

Here you can write about Wayfarer.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Yeah the whole system needs an overhaul and I suspect nia know this and could be why the only wanted to selective bring a subset of POIs to prime

I would prefer games didn't maintain the POI database, heck even non-players could contribute, hmm reminds me of field trip

I'd like to see all non scouted pois reviewed after scans reach critical mass

• Lauuu5Lauuu5 ✭✭

Mira esto, un jugador de Pokémon Go local está enojado conmigo devido a que cree que yo elimino por eliminar, yo solo reporto lo que no va con los criterios, los jugadores de mí zona creen que mientras más pokestop y gimnasio mejor sin importar hacer ediciones de ubicaciones falsas o crear poi como este que no van con las normas https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/2771/propuesta-aceptada-removida#latest

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lauuu5 Yes, there is a problem with people wanting to approve everything in their area because they think more waypoints are better no matter how bad they are.