[Idea] new rules for deployment

AndarahyAndarahy ✭✭
edited April 2020 in App Feedback (Archive)

I've been thinking about some tweaking to the cost and rules of deployment of resonators that might benefit rural and solo players, w/o making things too easy for the other players.

In my idea, there would be no limit of deployments per resonator level. Instead, the cost of deployment would increase exponentially! However, the decay rate would be greater for every subsequent resonator of that level deployed by one player. This would make L8 portal made by eight players long-lasting, while a solo player could accomplish the same, but with a greater cost and less duration. A L1 player would have more slots to fill in the long run, making the game more dinamic for begginers.

I would keep the level limitations - that is, a L5 players still cannot deploy L6 ,L7 and L8 resonators. (Maybe he could do it for an hour with a new - purchaseable - item? wink,wink. @NianticCasey @NianticBrian)

Anyway, here's my table with suggested costs of deployment:

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

So you wish to delete group farms?

• I think, this eliminates the community and support mentality of the whoole game.

Rejected 👎

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

XM is basically no barrier, particularly if you can build a P8 by yourself and hack it for cubes.

But you can't build a P8 by yourself, because the maximum XM tank is 22000 so it would be impossible to place the 7th L8 resonator or the 8th L7 resonator using the values in your table.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

this wouldnt work at all... they would need to redesign the whole game then....