WinTrade (No in events)

Agents, I would like to know your opinion about the absence of this activity in the Niantic Terms of Service, if you consider that it is fair to obtain AP, the progress of the medals between 2 agents of different factions, in an organized manner.

Comments

• SvardodSvardod ✭✭✭

While it is no longer explicitly called out, win-trading is still implied as outside the acceptable actions for the game.

• DeoreDXDeoreDX ✭✭✭

The organic toxic destruction of other people's fields and portals and the resulting swapping back and forth shrouded in anger is OK but to do it in a cooperative manner is unacceptable.

• I agree with your answer, because there are agents in my city who organize and add AP and progress in the medals in an abusive way, with the excuse that this practice is no longer illegal (it no longer exists in the ToS), and about me. experience, the reports do not give a solution to this, it is a frequent practice unfortunately🤔

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much - you can be as petty as you want, as long as it's not planned! 😂

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

It's more that it's against the spirit of the game.

It's impossible to know where the line is anymore though... If you create giant anchors in the opposing team members come through like clockwork and take the anchor and then you do another anchor and they just work with you... It feels organic but you can almost be seen as wind trigger it's just too murky to really define so I think Niantic is leaving it up to the prevailing culture of the area to step in and wag their finger... Unfortunately in many places the prevailing culture is simply to get to level 10 or 12.

I'm always willing to help someone level in a more constructive way... In a way that I believe is more honorable. Sometimes you can feel like a candle in the night blanketed by the future. But I have gotten people to play this game and get fully invested just as I am. Only way is to invest...even if in vain.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Wintrade is not a thing that can be prevented anyways. I don't like it, doens't matter to me if there is a running event, although I understand IFS are meant to be friendly, but leaving l1 bonfires defenseless is just too much!

I'd say it is the least of our problems. I would try to erradicate the reasons why 2 agents would agree wintrading pokestops.

🙂

• I think in a point A point B Team A Team B style game, win trading is inherently going to happen. I sit on portals in town letting the opposing team **** sonic can recap throw fields , they then come back smash and so forth. It's just game play...?

• TrinityPrincessTrinityPrincess ✭✭✭✭

I think some people love majoring in the minors and micromanaging other's behavior for manipulation purposes. The entire game is wintrading! Lolz for days...

• At the opposing end of win trading is organised bully tactics where one dominate faction hounds opponents relentlessly. I don’t see the point in this play either as with a very one sided area, the game can become quite stale when you have to sit around & wait for things to decay.

I’m currently up against at least 12 agents & I've adapted to basically just **** their stuff selectively & not really build at all. My only allies are a couple of very casual agents & the only other semi active ones have gone really quiet. For some, they just quit as they lose the joy of seeing fields last less than a few hours. This is all in a rural setting btw. You don’t expect fields to last long in a city unless your faction is very dominate. Look at Melbourne, Australia for a one sided inner city.

• FS: Am i joke to you? :D

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Wintrading was removed when the cheating section was moved into the ToS because it is near impossible to prove definitively. On top of that, people were calling a lot of things "wintrading" when they really weren't.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

It's a competition, a sport. It should be fun to take down each other's fields and replace them with your own. There can still be a manner of cooperative gameplay, cross-faction field art, for example, IFS, missions, and so on.

But to do things like, "I take this one day, and you take it the next" just defeats the purpose of the game. Multi accounting is also not acceptable.

• It Really depends on how much planning there is behind.

I dont See any problem in being Nice and friendly with the other players. By that i mean, if i see someone i Know from the opposity faction making fields for AP, i wait till theyre done throwing links. I dont See the purpose of blowing it up right in front og them. as long as they do the same and let me finish fielding Before taking it down.

Also, if someone is fielding and seems to be finish, i take the anchor down, but let the rest stand, in Hope they Will Rebuild shortly after so i can destroy again and make that ekstra AP. but it depends on how much time and goodwill i have that given day

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭

@RedSoloCup What about one player using two accounts (one of each faction) to level up quicker/ gain AP and switching accounts every time the multi-layered fields are built to destroy them with the other account? Is that acceptable?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guschtel Using multiple accounts is already explicitly prohibited by the ToS.

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭

@TheFarix oh really? Why is it generally accepted then and NIA doesn't seem to act?

The same rule applies for pokemon go and there it's even promoted in newspapers and these players don't get banned.

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

It has never been generally accepted in Ingress, by either faction.

If you wish to make sweeping statements, then it's only generally accepted by players who started with PoGo.

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@Korzhak if it's not accepted (by NIA), as you say (?), why are those players not banned?

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

@Guschtel , my guess it is hard to find acceptable proof. I know an area where there has been a ton of backpack accounts banned. The main accounts haven't. It has caused a lot of frustration because everybody knows where the packback accounts originates from but the guilty parties do enough to cover their tracks.

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I can't comment on the actions of NIA, but the players themselves have never approved of it.

One player, with only one account, active on only one device at once, while that device is about your person.

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@Korzhak i can tell you whole communities where it's absolutely accepted to play with multiple accounts (i have examples from both factions). Especially in more rural regions.