Swag concept: opinion on "uniforms"?

What is anyone's opinion on local team "uniforms" of some sort? I definitely want to avoid making them too military - what teh interwebz would call "tacticool" or "military cosplay" - but some kind of jersey or windbreaker with the team name, insignia, and agent name on the back? I know we already have the anomaly hoodies and so forth, but those don't show membership - for that matter, they're not even verified, and people from one faction can easily buy the other faction's swag.

I suppose an alternate, lower-budget version would be armbands, but those don't seem as cool somehow.

Tagged:

Comments

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

T shirts are pretty common in a lot of places. Putting an agent name on the back or sleeve adds a lot of the cost, but is cool.

Hoodies (hooded sweatshirt) are also common.

I've seen hats but they are less popular.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

My team has it's own T-shirts with group sign on front and agent name and number of cell on sleeve. Almost each anomaly we make new shirt with specialy projected new sign - we take anomaly logo and redraw our own in that style.

• Yeah, it's the "redraw for every Anomaly" that's been bugging me lately. I can't afford to buy a shirt every time, and it would be nice to just have a "team jersey" without any Anomaly content. That's what patches are for lol

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@Losanguinos that's why my team has one classic pattern with our logo, everyone who cannot afford anomaly one still can have universal one, bring it to every event and feels part of the group.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen lots of different designs of faction specific Ingress shirts, hats, and jackets that are not tied to any event. Try talking to your local community about printing something up or even doing a screen printing day for DIY gear. (I knew I was making a big commitment to Ingress when I screen printed an Enlightened eye on my favorite sweatshirt...)

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

There is option to make flag for your team, if all contribute small amount of money, IMHO photos will be better and more fun.

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

If Niantic does something like this, I hope they use SCOTTeVEST

• @Patka07 We have a flag... but only one.

I got to carry it once. You're right, it was awesome.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

too military? i think they got the badge thing pretty close...

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

🤦‍♂️

Our bio page would just be badges on our face.

• I'm having a hard time working out whether the above photo represents:

1: a bunch of very enthusiastic boy scouts

or

2: those two Ingress players in my area who criticize me for not "being a playa" because I've used a phone app for years longer than them but don't have achievements "on my pants".