jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

Share your pro experience of playing Ingress

Some skills might surprise other agents

For me :

1. Use Mission Creator to search a portal name in Map
  2. Skip XMP fire animation using "option fire" in Ingress 1.0

Comments

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

hah - ingress is a game that appears simple on the surface, yet the more you learn about it the more complex it becomes.

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

@Digitalis Exactly, but still some fun skills that impress agents when someone show up XDD

Hope to hear some interesting tricks.

• ic3maxic3max ✭✭

Back in the daynesting and layering fields made a huge difference to how many weeks(/months) you would need to get to Level 8.

Although sometimes delicate with handling keys and the maximum outgoing links, I always appreciate when somebody put some thought into it instead of just linking everything left and right. Or worse, closing two fields on the same side 😣

Personally, I do not like to plan that though and just stick to that plan; I find it more interesting to be spontaneous about it and get the "best" result possible without going crazily out of my way

• MaktoMakto ✭✭✭

For everyone who missed it we had "Frankenportals" you could swap out mods even if they were not yours and on occasion the portal would hang and from then on it was just what its - a Frankenportal

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

I absolutely second this. This is such a huge lesson to impart to new players. Even if it's your couch portal (i.e., the portal you can reach without stepping a food out the door), it's not yours. But appreciate the fact that you have a couch portal because that generally means ezpz AP.

• Use Mission Creator to search for new portals

• ManiacDManiacD ✭✭✭

Oh man ops firing was the best back in the day

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

I made a crosslink, something about 2 years ago, after fast beer with other agents I wen't to play during my way home. I thought it impossible to do. I even made screenshots because all said it didn't happen. Now there is widespread knowledge what to do to make crosslinks, then it was mystery:)

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

@ManiacD yes, ops fire is a nice “feature” in 1.0, I like it so much

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

@Patka07 cross link seems like a feature not a bug, I remembered there are some groups playing pro for this, very impressive 😀

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

@jim831001 now yes, back then I never heard about them and now they make beautiful fieldarts using it. And I know there was disscusion if making crosslinks for purpose won't give player a ban. Still, it was so unexpected to make crosslink that I thought I broke my scanner😂

• Another advanced ingress skill : reading xm holes to detect spoofers

• Always requesting more keys to use their xm by recycling in place of using cubes (an so saving cubes on inventory)

• Another advanced ingress skill (but only on redacted) : identify in and out links quantity, on the ground, by looking at the direction of the xm on each link

• MeluzeenMeluzeen ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Another advanced ingress skill : detect if an account have been deleted by the user or ban by Niantic depending on it's behaviour on the comm

• BarthaxBarthax ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Complex glyphing without breaking stride, bumping into other people/lampposts or breaking conversation.

• Another advanced ingress skill : locate an agent that only speak on the comm using zooms of the intel map

• Say me your firsts missions, i'll say you where you come from 😅

• Deploy as far as possible... is commonly said. Deploy as far as possible except one resonator you push close to the center, to get an attack notification since the first ultra strike.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, it's not like someone could just open their scanner in a stable place and create a hole, or longer in one spot long enough for the xm to repair around them, or have a full xm bar, then use one burst and suck in a hole.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

@SpiderWolve man I was able to find so many hidden guardian portals using that

• In ingress 1.0 if you have a portal under attack, you can update the status / health of the portal from the remote view, by clicking on the portal and quickly clicking around the portal (before opening the portal interface), and you get an instant refresh to continue recharging.

and if you run out of XM. you enter the menu and recycle cubes instead of using them, so you do not remove the recharge interface or the remote view

It is very useful if you like to defend your portals 😄 (I will miss these tips with prime)

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Fan-fielding for AP/MU is fun.

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

@ArielSbzxc Yes, also when having a FS event and want to capture the portal, I do that too!!!

• Portal navigate hopping to display a portal across town

• Knowing when /where to throw links (or not to throw links) for maximum links or optimal microfielding.

• Fan fields and AP generators.

Early on I learned how to nest fields, but it was a while before I cottoned on to fan fields as the easy way to produce maximally nested fields without having to plan the pattern out (much) in advance. From there it's an easy step to an AP generator that can be run day after day (just as long as the viruses last out).