What didn't you do before Ingress?

2»

Comments

• I didn't drink too much before Ingress 😂

• VAINVAIN ✭✭✭✭

Prior to Ingress launching in 2012 I had relocated for work and hadn't made much effort to learn my new local surrounding. I knew two roads to and from my office and one additional route to get groceries. Ingress not only helped me gain familiarity over my new home but fostered deep friendships through local community building and renewed my interests In exploring and hiking. As an added benefit Ingress introduced me to GORUCK which has absolutely had a positive and lasting impact on my life through Stealth Ops events.

• Explore the area. I was in the Navy stationed here in Annapolis from 2010 to 2013. Didn't know much about the place I now live in until I started playing.

• PeniciIIinPeniciIIin ✭✭✭

Beergress with other res agents now and then

• WeyrleaderWeyrleader ✭✭✭

Things I didn't do before ingress:

• Forget about work after-hours
    • Notice all the cool street art we take for granted and walk past everyday
    • Explore my own city.
    • Run around a city in groups of people I barely know mashing on a mobile phone display surrounded by onlookers with quizzical looks on their faces.
    • Got to know so many cool people
  • AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

More things I didn't do before Ingress...

• Give a damn about timezones
    • Take extended detours to visit friends
    • Find instant common ground with a stranger by waving a phone at them
  • MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭

Before ingress hard to say. I come to ingress from LARPing so this merged a map head, a faire costumer's flair, and a sense of I know what I want was already there, but traipsing to places far and strange off the beaten path of public transportation would have to be the answer.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Things I didn't do before Ingress:

• Visit lighthouses
    • Visit obscure ghost towns hours from civilization
    • Own a satellite phone
    • Visit Superfund cleanup sites
    • Notice all of the street art and historical plaques in my neighborhood
    • Fly thousands of miles on a whim just to transfer keys
    • Treat the entire planet like a giant chess board
  • XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭

Rucking and stalking.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭

And the cousin, let me be on a bus with a slow bus driver.

• Buy a smartphone. Played Ingress on the iPad for the first couple of months, but had to get a smartphone to play on a bike team in the 2019 Amsterdam anomaly.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭

Taking back roads on interstate trips because there are portals and missions in small towns on my way to my destination. This is a great way to do a 5 hour trip in 12 hours.