Ingress 2.45.1 Release Notes

This update includes several behind closed doors improvements to our underlying implementation that should help make the Ingress app better.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed: The Apex icon in the New Access Level field kits is now the same size as other item icons.
  • Fixed: The item Store category icons are now located above their correct categories.
  • Fixed: Resolved a crash caused by corrupted inventory.
  • Fixed: On iOS, canceling a Portal Scan sometimes caused the Ingress app to stay in a high frame rate mode.

Additional notes:

• The Ingress app icon is a bit smaller in this release, and will be fixed in an update.

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Any word on the bug that keeps the "hide stats" box checked? I thought I was showing off my stats all this time but they are hidden.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Ghost links not fix?

• I agree with @NianticBrian and Niantic!!

Because of Coronavirus outbreak, we must stay at home until at least the end of the next month!

And we're turning out house into Niantic Headquarters by using the computer device as for the communication device, and all because of BlueStacks!!

And remember, it's out little secrets!!😎

#Ingress #IngressShoutOut #IStayAtHome #ResistanceEnlightenedTogetherStrong

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

That is by design and parity with Ingress Classic

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

What about android 5-6 support,still playin' with design and ignoring bug?

(Lazy to flash 5-6 Android just to check if that's fixed)

• Jena24Jena24 ✭✭
    edited April 2020

On Android 6.0 the game gets stuck on Niantic logo screen, or it just crashes at that point. Well, sometimes it starts, but that happens (not always) at 10-15th try and it's totally random. Reinstalling the app. or clearing cache/data maybe helps, maybe not... can't find the winning pattern.

@NianticBrian please notify the devs about the Android 5/6 bug, thanks.

• @DSkatauri @Jena24 @alsh437 are you all seeing the same hang on Android 6 with Ingress 2.45.1, where the app stops loading on the Niantic logo screen? It's odd that uninstalling then reinstalling helps, but not always. We've been trying to reproduce this but aren't seeing this on our phones. Can you help me investigate further with a little more info?

1. Device: For example, Pixel 1
    2. Android version: Ex. Android 6.0.1
    3. Ingress version: Ex. 2.45.1
    4. Connection: Ex. LTE or Wi-Fi
    5. Are there any other apps running in background? Ex. No
  • N3m3sis1N3m3sis1 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    1. Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
    2. Android version: Android 8.0.0
    3. Ingress version: 2.45.1
    4. Connection: LTE/Wifi
    5. Are there any other apps running in background?

@NianticBrian I still cannot see roads or buildings or XM in my scanner.

Does no one at Niantic have an idea why this is???

Last ingress version where they were all visible is 2.41.4

Please Help

Post edited by N3m3sis1 on
  • Any status for TWRP fix?

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Android 6.0 working just fine here on Samsung S5. And I just updated it to 2.45.1 to prove it still works. (However, I don't actually still use that phone out in the field.)

• Prime is working fine on Android 6.0.1 (the latest OS update in your Samsung S5), but Android 6.0 and lower have problems starting the app.

• Please fix the problems with sound effects in the game.

• Thanks 👍🏻 fixed iOS bug

• Aman1taAman1ta ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Did the update as app kept crashing while trying to submit new portal. Now there is even no button for submitting new portals. 😅 Any suggestions?

Ingress 2.45.1

Phone Mi A2 Lite

Android version 9

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

New bug: some portals can be displayed as blue/neutral but they're green.Faced that on my Mi A1 and gf Samsung A7(2016),both times on mobile data

updated yesterday screenshots