Soooo....

How old do you have to be to be apart of an event?

Comments

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever age the ToC state you have to be in order to have an account.

That said, if you're not an adult then you're likely you find extreme hesitancy about adding you to any of the related chats.

• Old enough to where you don’t need to ask this question.

Nah for real though, if you’re a youngin’ as long as you’ve got a guardian with ya, you should be fine. But as stated above you’re probably gonna run into some roadblocks getting into secure comms.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "Events" section of the Niantic terms of service do not mention any event-specific age requirements. The only reference to age I see is "Any minor attending an Event must be accompanied by a Parent."

So, as others have said, you just need to be old enough to play Ingress, as determined by the laws of where you live:

Honestly, anomalies are the only event where I would even worry about organizers would be strict about the age requirements. First Saturdays and most Mission Days are run by locals who don't want to upset people, and NL-1331 events aren't physical enough for anybody to worry about kids.

• Any age where they understand the concept.... I have registered all three of my kids on https://parents.nianticlabs.com/

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

Good idea that, though I suspect it needs promoting more widely!

However, that covers Niantic's system for your game account attending the event, but not the chats for your team organising the event. I still wouldn't expect any non-adults to be allowed in those, to the point of actively discouraging them from joining the chats.

Having you join on behalf of your kids, all good, but I wouldn't add them to the chats themselves.

• If I remember right you have to be at least 13 years old to play. It should be in the TOS so that's the same age for the events

• jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

@King0fHearts 13 is the age minimum as I always understood it. If I remember correctly this became a rule a few years ago because of some Google service restrictions.

"At the moment, age restrictions don't warrant a single word in Google's Gmail Terms & Privacy details. Google does, however, spell them out on YouTube, buried down in item 12 of its Terms of Service. “If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service."

• Actually I've had little trouble getting my kids into chats for anomalies and such. I either joined first and asked apocryphal as them or soon after joining one of them always asked me if I wanted my child there with the understanding that some conversations might not be appropriate for them.

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

This, too. But my kid has explicitly say repeatedly since beginning a harsh "NOOOOO" to Ingress, uninstalled HPWU herself, and keep PoGo because " it is fun and colourful".

Thankfully, she chose Mystic. So yay Mystic!

Disclaimer: reinstalling PoGo because my kid needs friends to trade with. *shrugs*