What is your favourite portal?

Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Mine is the one I recently added to the game, it's Art Gallery, in beautiful town near Baltic Sea. I also like big monument of Polish King Kazimierz Wielki in Bydgoszcz City. What is your fav portal?

Post edited by Patka07 on
Β«1

Comments

• JiefSourdJiefSourd ✭✭✭

Observatoire des 4 saisons in Bruges (France).

Beaufitul savage Landscape and safe.

• Ant3n4Ant3n4 ✭✭

Fav portal? I'm interesting why people likes some portals more then others? πŸ€”

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe because it has special meaning for them? For example boyfriend asked his girlfriend to be his wife in gazebo:) or some other thing. Or just it reminds them of something, maybe it is something beautifull to them. There are a lot of possibilities.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

PITA-portals

• st1n0st1n0 ✭✭

...of cause my home and work portals...

• p0391p0391 ✭✭

I love all the portals in GoczaΕ‚kowice 😍

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

first level 8 portal in ingress was my 30k for black level explorer - "the gates of hell" at stamford university.

i loved the "in philadelphia" portal in the delaware river channel until it was removed. sad face. that was going to be my 30k portal, when it was taken out i opted for a pilgramage to the gates of hell instead. the in philadelphia portal had existed since before i was an agent, and i was an agent since jan of 2013.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

My favorite portal is the Podgaric Momument in Croatia. It was featured on one of Tycho's posters. I had strong feelings visiting it, not only because of finding actually 3 portals there, but because of why it was built, as a memorial to a Croatian uprising during WW II. Can't post a link yet, but you can easily find it googling for Podgaric Monument.

• Whoab0tWhoab0t ✭✭✭

I've got so many I love - I've had hundreds of portals accepted that I adore just because I got a real good photo for it, but maybe have three that hold special significance for me.

My all time favorite is probably the Gordie Howe Statue portal at Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit. I'm a huge hockey/Detroit Red Wings fan, and to be able to be the one to submit Mr. Hockey's statue as a portal just feels really cool (and the picture is pretty good too, not to toot my own horn).

My second favorite (or 1B) is a restaurant called Zeytin out by Grand Rapids, MI - it's a really good Middle Eastern/Mediterranean place, and it's where my girl and I had our first real date (wasn't planned that way, just sort of happened πŸ˜€). The owner is friendly with us, and I got free dessert on more than one occasion because of how much extra traffic the Pokestop it made brought in πŸ˜‚

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Spoonbridge and Cherry at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.

• ManiacDManiacD ✭✭✭

My old work portal, Raven Telegraph, it was one of the most ADA portal by my own faction ha ha but it was the portal I used to time to achieved so many badges on, connector, liberator, mind controller, builder, engineer, first time round L8, L16 (probably a few more levels in between).

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

There is a portal I got approved for a city with my name. I submitted it but I haven't been back there yet to hack it. 😢 My next is the one that I got my Onyx GP.

• GallifreyanPGallifreyanP ✭✭✭

Tough one.

My personal favourite is one I submitted but haven't yet gone back to cap. Wheelers Hut - classic historic pioneering Australian stockman's hut in the Kosciuszko National Park.

Otherwise, 'Flaming Strewth My Head is on Fire' has always amused me. And the Green Dragon Inn at Hobbiton NZ.

• WeyrleaderWeyrleader ✭✭✭

Boolboonda Tunnel. It was one of my first approved submissions. I stumbled across it while trying (unsuccessfully) to reach another portal due to flash flooding at the time.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

The Zedinator

When OPR first came out and I was ripping through reviews, I reviewed The Ruby portal. While looking at the street view to verify, I noticed Hotel Zed, and now I've stayed there twice. On the first trip, that big water slide in the parking lot called to me.

• LegendaryFBS33LegendaryFBS33 ✭✭

Thor Mural in Ozone Park Queens NY. Anyone that comes for a visit I have some cool swag to give away 😊.

• chookchook ✭✭
  • GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Now that I can create a link, this is my favorite. The added bonus it was a portal that I submitted.

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=45.480072,-112.693826&z=17&pll=45.480072,-112.693826

• JohnTheAussieJohnTheAussie ✭✭✭
  • ExBruteSquadExBruteSquad ✭✭

Two portals in Michigan:

The cemetery where my grandfather is buried

The building where his business was located.

• ClumsyNinjaClumsyNinja ✭✭✭

Not my favorite, but I need to point this out before it gets corrected. This one is a new addition near me, the town is Chesterfield and the spelling mistake is hillarious.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

This one's always cracked me up.

• TmostTmost ✭✭

β€œThe Very Vortex of Hell” Portal at the Manassas Battlefields which depicts an insane scene of Union soldiers and Confederate soldiers locked in a bloody battle.

• CurieUSGlo21212CurieUSGlo21212 ✭✭✭

Telstar monument. Because . . . Telstar!

• DhrMekmekDhrMekmek ✭✭✭

I haven't found my favorite portal yet, guess that I need to keep on exploring :)