[Week of 13 April 2020] Server Updates

Hi folks,

We're continuing with some work on the Ingress server this week. For Monday (13 April), this work is starting now and could result in some Scanner latency or intermittent access issues to Intel Map.

We'll be providing updates on the start and end of these changes in this discussion thread, please feel free to add additional issues you encounter in the comments.

Comments

• I've been having Ingress tell me I'm way over cap (2,500+ items sometimes) Ingress will also not let me check my inventory.

Found logging out of Ingress (few times) or closing the app a few times seems to fix the false inventory numbers.

• Portals after moving location are not displayed on the Intel map. In the game, these portals are in new places.

• Me and a few of my friends are having MAJOR GPS issues. Can't even play the game without being 10 miles away from our actual location. Sometimes just the error message will pop up.

• Has anyone else had problems logging in to their scanner with cell data? I have been getting these error messages for 2 days. I close out Ingress & reopen but the same thing happens.

I finally go on today and my hacking streak has been reset to zero. It was only 22 days, but yhat is alot for me!

• Big chunk of portals and XM missing

• Hi folks, this work has been completed for the day. Thanks for your patience.

• JpDDRJpDDR ✭✭

Ap scoresnwhen glyphing or recharging are shown late and only shown in batches

When recharging in don't see +65 +65 +65 but i see +2500 when i recharged several portals

• JpDDRJpDDR ✭✭

Stat and ap updates are lagging, often only showing the correct stats after a restart.

• Every time I log in, my agent profile is always marked as private. Is it a default thing? But I don’t want my profile to be private. It’s irksome going to the settings to unmark it every after loading into the scanner.

Ingress Prime app version is 2.44.1-10c90526 on a 13.3.1 software version of iPhone 7.

• Hello folks,

Quick update: this work is resuming today with the same impact (possible increased latency in the Scanner or intermittent Intel Map access issues). Thanks for your understanding!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Client dead now? Cant sign in black screen only....

• Thanks for your patience, we've resolved this work for the day.

• Are you still having issues with the client loading @Morathi@mortuus? If so, can you try to reinstall from the App Store or Google Play to see if that clears up this issue?

• I am seeing lag for activities on the app, but the map itself is fine.

Also, some players are definitely abusing player tracking tools during this time of isolation. Any plans to encrypt in-game tracking so that the scrapers can't access it easily? This is ruining what little of the game that can be played for those of us respecting local shelter rules.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

it worked shortly after, wasnt aware of the server maintenance all of a sudden.

• That's a common lag problem unless you have full signal or all 5 bar's on your phone that can happen. It's a new Prime problem however doesn't have to do with what Niantic is doing right now.

• Hi folks,

We've resumed this work today, so for the next few hours you may notice some additional latency in the Scanner and/or intermittent Intel Map access issues. Please let us know if you notice any other errant behavior! Thanks for your patience!

• Well that was quick! This work has concluded for the day. Thanks for your patience everyone!

• Bonjour j'ai un petit problème avec la médaille séjourner elle reste bloqué à 143 jours alors que je shaker où que je glyph tout les jours elle ne bouge pas et reste toujours à 143 jours 😒 !

Merci

• Hi everyone,

We'll be resuming this work again today with the same possible outcome: Scanner latency and intermittent access issues for Intel Map. If you notice any additional bug-like behavior, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding!

• Thanks for your patience everyone, happy to report that this testing has wrapped for the day!

• edited April 2020

Hi there @Laurent37,

Unfortunately I don't speak French, but if you could please reply with a screenshot of the 'Now' tab of your Scanner, this will allow us to review your current Hacking streak and troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!

• Hello fellow players and server admins of Niantic. After a lot of server updates and client fixes, there still are linkability errors, ghostlink/field errors, and even portals that are unable to be taken down for it seems. The last 10% of one resonator keeps alive, and with bursting there are no changes. Ultra Strikes are also not working on this. The portals cannot even be virussed, telling me something about 'already aligned'. It are never the same portals where this happens, it's just random.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

when will the scanner stability improve? i still as of today saw ghost links / fields and had to restart prime and a few times i could not link / field because of ghost field still present.. is there an eta when this can be fixed ?

• Not receiving notifications when portal is under attack or receiving them 10 mins - 4 hours after they’ve been attacked.

ingress Prime fully loading every time open it, even if left running in the background.

• I have a small problem with the Sojourner medal, it remains blocked at 143 days while I shake wherever I glyph all **** days it does not move and always remains at 143 days 😒!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031689/uploads/913/81S1SAUR68KZ.jpg

Thank you

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

@NianticCasey Have you not heard of this online tool from a company called Google its called Translate. ..you paste french in to it and it spits out english or whatever language you want...you can even do the same in reverse :-D it allows you to have somekind of a conversation.

@Laurent37 said :- Hello I have a little problem with the medal state it remains blocked at 143 days while I hacke wherever I glyph all **** days it does not move and always remains at 143 days 😒!

Thank you.

And for @Laurent37 your french response from @NianticCasey is below :-

//

Salut à @Laurent37

Malheureusement, je ne parle pas français, mais si vous pouviez répondre avec une capture d'écran de l'onglet `` Maintenant '' de votre scanner, cela nous permettra de revoir votre séquence de piratage actuelle et de résoudre ce problème. Merci!

• I lost the sojourner count ...

I have been recharging every day at least twice and today I noticed that the count returned to 0 :'( please help

• "Welcome To The Club" - Say Hi To All those other players that have lost theres as well.

@NianticCasey & @NianticBrian how many more people with long streaks and Game Bugs are going to have to suffer before you eventually fix or actively look into all the issues.

• ArMyZArMyZ ✭✭

You are not the only one. Happened also to me few hours ago.

I opened a support request (mines were more than 140)