Ingress 2.44.1 Release Notes

Comments

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this an exogenius creature in textures?)))

• TWRP bug status?

• You still don't fix the android 6 error. I've been days without logging in, and this update doesn't solve anything. Until when Niantic?

Psdata: English is not my native language

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Isn't it easier to rename TWRP folder if there are backups or something useful,or delete it? As for me,i use custom Android 10 with Magisk module (ARCore) because my stock Android 9 on Mi A1 wasn't certified by Google for ARCore (so no Portal scans),and i see absolutely no problem to delete folder:)

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian love the new field texture.

Sadly though, many sounds are still missing or intermittent

Galaxy S9+ Exynos

Android 10

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for me on S10+ Exynos Android 10. I love the new field texture.

• b2iiib2iii ✭✭

Bug Ignore: key sort

• Still stuck at the loading screen 😥 Android 5.1, Cat S30. I'm about to give up on Ingress.......

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

The field textures look like they are from Redacted. I hope they are not moving at least - I haven't updated yet. They used to move in Redacted, like waves, so if you were under a few layered fields, the game would slow down, and good luck doing anything in it at all if you were under a few dozen layered fields.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Android 5 is obsolete!

You must get a new mobile with the most up to date android, currently, Android 10.

Not doing this puts yourself at a extremely high probability that you have been hacked due to known exploits, which are fixed in later versions

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Emm... at official page ingress.com slash support we have article with minimum requirements - and there is a "Android 5". So app should work on Lollipop and Marshmallow devices with compatible SoC (openGL3). But it doesn't work. Now seems to be mininal is Android 7 and Android 10 for working Scan.IMO it is connected with Scan because ARCore minimal requirements are Android 7 too.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Changes nothing about the fact that android 5 itself is obsolete. Anyone who still uses it is essentially opening themselves up to be hacked.

Myself, I have an S9+ with Samsung announcing that it will not get further security updates from 2021. While my device is still great for everything, security is a major issue come 2021, and will be forced to upgrade.

Only hope that there is no notch in the display, preferably with a snapdragon SoC

• ArgentKitsuneArgentKitsune ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Ya not sure low res repetitive non moving texture is the best solution for people have a hard time seeing fields but they made those fields much easier to see LOL.

Personally woulda just increased the saturation of the colors but hey I'm not a game maker dealing with people who "hate" a game because it's not exactly what they want look wise or layout wise...

Basically just saying I don't blame them for doing it. Though not the best implementation but oh well.

• blah blah blah. You know, not everybody has the means to buy the latest shiny 1.2 mm thick phone with gold plated earbuds to match. Stop telling me to buy a new phone! I can't and I won't, since it's still a perfectly working phone that can survive a fall from a riding bicycle (which coincidently happened yesterday). Someday I will get a new one, but not today. Or perhaps you have one for me? Laying around in a drawer with another dozen vanity phones?

I'm a reporting a problem with an app that used to work. I am not the only one. Therefor it's a bug (or more precise, a regression). This has been going on for a few weeks now. I fail to see why it can't be fixed; me getting another phone is also not a solution; that would be equivalent to buying a new car because you lost the keys.

Oh gosh. "Let's hope there is no notch".

(FWIW: sure, getting a new phone would be "safer", but don't lure yourself into a false sense of security. Upgrading to Android 10 is equivalent of changing the lever tumbler lock in your door to a pin cylinder; more difficult to pick, but can still be opened faster than you'd like)

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Well I for one do have a new phone as of 2018 and I have gone through various updates from android 8.0 all the way to Android 10 on my Nokia 7.1 my issues started as most of you know by now back in December 2019 and i was on Android 9 at the time but still I cant get back into the game other that wiping all game data and reinstalling...I have a saying (an oldie but a goidie) .... "If Its Not Broke then Dont Fix It" in this case my phone is definitely not broke but its the buggy ingress software thats at fault and needs fixing...I thought thats what a community forum was designed for...to bring people together and talk with the software teams to fix bugs of all types (and other things in other categories) and to create a product that is not only profitable but also stable.

This is Where Niantic Is letting its players down sadly.

Yes we get the odd few tidbits thrown at us from @NianticBrian & @NianticCasey and even @ofer2 but still the issues persist and dont get fixed in a timely manner....yet loads of new unwanted stuff gets added that we cant play with or test but the issues/bugs remain unfixed that have been reported to them and they then go quiet on us !!!

But as the OP Said why should we change our trusty devices that are working for something that is no better that the versions we currently have.

All in All The Teams Do Work Hard but we cant see (as the users/players) there efforts paying off as we are agents that have been forced into retirement.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the SoCs are far better supported in later OS versions by their device manufacturer.

I know mobiles are getting expensive year on year, and to be honest, I didn't like a couple of things on the S20+, first was price, I cannot afford that. But at the same time, we know they are just getting more expensive, so best to start saving. Which is what I'm doing, because my S9+ is currently obsolete, and it its final year of security updates, despite being pretty awesome for everything.

Blah blah of reasons why you can't upgrade.

Manufacturers of mobiles don't have the resources to keep maintaining old devices, and Niantic refuses to allow 3rd party OS installs such as Lineage (formerly Cyanogen Mod) which would enable those devices to receive updates.

Classic Ingress was awesome because most of the tech savvy people who use 3rd party OS's to keep their devices going and Ingress flourished because of it.

Times have changed, not necessarily for the better

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

What,i understand that this is a bit offtop,but what do You mean about 3rd party OS,sir? I haven't seen things like that on official Support page,the main unsopported things are SafetyNet problems and root/recovery. Right now all my devices have custom roms installed (eg for better performance,latest security patches and for Scan working),and i see no problems with Prime excepting ones connected with Prime and mentioned by many of users.

• Niantic reads reviews of his players? The last two updates do not work on my phone. Android 5.0.1

• Really not a fan of the new field animation. However, I do love the northernmost Resonator indicator icon though.

• AEGlRAEGlR ✭✭
    edited April 2020

I cannot start ingress at once. It stays in the starting menu, is have to close and restart.. 😳

Where is the xm-bar?? 😀 Further my xm-bar disappaers regulary.. Very annoying, then i first have to go to 'other' menu to see it reappear.. Please fix it!!

• The top bar disappears when you zoom out completely. This has been a feature since the very first Public release of Prime.

Zooming in (or opening a menu) will make them appear again

• VicusSapphiresVicusSapphires ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

nise