Apex is stupid because AP system is stupid

cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

If I cared about AP I would just have a 'family' of backpack accounts to endlessly deploy lvl 1 resonators / busters to remove (win-trading)

How would you make me respect AP?

1) Limit max AP you can gain from a portal to 1,000 per weekly measurement

2) make all items except portal keys no drop

Otherwise AP is just a circlejetk of family of backpack accounts

Comments

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

My point in this thread is AP needs to be fixed, 2 accounts can generate unlimited AP at 1 portal.

One of the most common criticisms of First Saturday's is it's just agents exploiting the system.

If you want to make apex worth getting, you need ap to be worth getting

Hence is why there needs to be some type of cap of ap per interactions on 1 portal (1,000 per week)

As of now, the ap system is broke, no one really respects it

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just don't cheat and there is no problem with AP.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Well see that's the problem, let's say 2 legit agents fight over control of a portal cluster, on COMM it looks like win trading, it COULD be win trading, you dont know cause of the poor game design

Agents I've known got banned for it though even though it was legitimate

Stupid game design

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Stupid is trying to fight over a single portal.

You either defend if (in case of it having good mods, resos or fields) or you attack it. The moment it got neutralized, it became useless for both. There's nothing else worth to defend or attack, both agents are stupid if keep this needless fight.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

apex is only good for recursed players to help lvl up to get quicker back to lvl 16.... i am not recursed and with almost 240m ap i will rarely use apex.. those free that we got i will save for special events like when they do double ap for destroy fields links etc.. add apex then u get x4 ap then ja ?

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Ah, good point about the recursed

Think a part of ppl not happy with apex is no one asked for this and they wasted limited developer time making it

If they want to make more money, there is a lot better ways

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Why should they only add what players explicitly asked for? And btw, an item like this has been discussed on this forum and probably reddit as well.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Because niantic is not in a business incubator with unlimited funds to waste developer time on things people do not want, they are in the real world

They probably should not listen to ppl on this forum cause they do not seem to understand how broken the ap system is.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet, it's their game and they may do with it as they see fit.

The ap system is not broken. It's a tried and tested system that has worked well for 7 years. You are, I believe, the only one to say otherwise

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

What is groupthink?

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Developers usually have some roadmap and probably global lockdown just changed priorities a bit. Adding an item like APEX definitely needs less efforts compared with something bigger so I guess it worth a try.

Way how they introduced APEX (not hackable, acts for 30 minutes only) is way better their previous monetization attempts :)