Ingress 2.44.1 Release Notes
NianticOfficial Niantic › admin
You should soon receive an update to version 2.44.1 of the Ingress app, which includes the following changes:
- Feature: Enabled updated Sign in with Apple login method for iOS 13+ devices
- UI: Updated nearby Portal cards to only show when there are no Portals within 500m, and reduced to two nearby Portal cards
- UI: Increased visibility of Portals and Control Fields on the map screen
- UI: Added an indicator icon for northernmost Resonator slot on deploy screen
- UI: Added button to the Community at https://community.ingress.com from main menu
- Bugfix: Updated Mission Authoring Tool URL to https://missions.ingress.com
- Bugfix: Fixed softlock that sometimes occurred when recharging Portals
- Bugfix: Fixed avatar sometimes not displaying when viewing another Agent’s profile
- Sign in with Apple asks Agents to confirm their Face ID or password at each login and after periods of inactivity
- Sign in with Apple is currently available on the Ingress app on iOS 13+ devices only. Sign in with Apple on the web at https://community.ingress.com, https://intel.ingress.com, and https://missions.ingress.com is not currently available. Agents should be able to link a Google account to sign in to these tools
- On Android, the Settings menu has a blank space above options to link a Facebook or a Google account
Added an indicator icon for northernmost Resonator slot on deploy screen
And many people rejoiced
Looks good. Keep it up. 👍👍✊
Have the weird speedlock messages gone now?
Looks good, especially Northern resonator, finally. Thanks.
But what about background upload of Portal Scans when on Wi-Fi, or making Portal Scannning friendlier at all? Uploading scans in foreground for possibly hours without any progress bar is not a good user experience :/
We got fix with "Unfortunately, Ingress was stopped"?
When can we expect a fix for portal photos, as discussed in previous release notes? #myFavePortal challenge is still going on.
I have a problem. I haven't make mission to many moths... it's not debug 😅
"UI: Updated nearby Portal cards to only show when there are no Portals within 500m, and reduced to two nearby Portal cards"
Very good news!
When Niantic fix sounds lag and sometimes are gone in app? @NianticBrian
Finally the red dot on the north portal. Thank you @NianticOfficial
Tryed the new 2.44.1. Still no red dot. Anyone else have the same problem???
@gmtechca the northernmost icon or indicator is getting enabled in 2.44.1 when there are more Agents on this current version, which should be very soon.
K. Thanks for the info @NianticBrian
It’s now live on 2.44.1.
Where is portal submit now???
Its working now @NianticBrian. Thanks for adding that option. So much better now.
I take it ya didn't fix the alphabetic sorting of portal keys then. :-P
ni con la nueva actualización se puede hacer las misssions, el problema persigue ya lleva mas de 3 meses con ese mismo problema
This version of Ingress does not work on my smartphone. It freezes at the Niantic splash screen. (To be fair, Ingress hasn't been working on my smartphone for the past few weeks.)
My smartphone details:
Well,what's with fields? In 2.43.* you forget to tell about new hack output animation,in 2.44.1 no info about fields visual(but that's more VISIBLE UI change).
UPD: And why we have two similar layers of fields?
Sorry, but SUCH textures would be suitable for a game from 2000-2001, made by students of a college. But these non-animated repeating textures are not suitable for a modern game made by a reputable company.
It lost the pulse?
What new hack output animation?
do fields show decayed if portals lost lots of xm like redacted did??
In 2.43* ''items turning into sparkles'' after hack,
Fields are slowly moving,both layers(the upper and the "shadow" on the ground). IMO a bit too slow,or smth wrong with textures,or maybe main field should be textured but shadow one should be dimmed or something like that.
The big issue I am having is with the activities panel. It shows multiple times the same link being created. As the screenshots show.
Increased visibility of Portals
What is new? I dont see no difference.
Please explain @NianticBrian
I have Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Exynos and Android 10
The new look for control fields looks like the wall textures of mid to late 90's video games. Same pattern repeated over and over again. Like old school DOOM.
Still not working at Adroid 5. Still stuck on Niantic loading screen and after a minute crash.
Clear data, clear cache, reinstall,... not working 😶
Version 2.40.1 worked a week ago, but is now asking for updates. 😣