So NIA's solution is "Make Ingress like PoGo"?

We've been losing faith in Niantic's understanding of the game previous generations of developers created for years. The list of questionable decisions and priorities with regard to Prime is too long to list.

Now the first "new" item introduced is a copy of a mechanic from PoGo and HPWU? One that encourages solo play once again? One might think that Niantic is actively trying to dismantle factions and strategic gameplay that one made it great.

Comments

• Agreed. If it's a good and suitable feature to Ingress, no shame in implementing here as well.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than the catching of Pokemon, isn't there anything else in PoGO that wouldn't be a fit for Ingress?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If they ever add that stuff, you can just ignore it and don't do any of them and Ingress will remain the same as aways.

About double AP boost, that's something that exist for decades in many other games.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

I think I want a hierarchy situation. When you "graduate" from PoGo/Universe to Ingress, and see a whole brand new style of game.

Maybe my larper/euro boardgamer is coming out, but I see Ingress as a larp that is adding/subtracting certain things that hasn't translated well over the last two to three years. Experiments like APEX have to be tested for viability, but until spoofbots are ejected from the game, balance will not be achieved.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the Pokemon, how many they have in total! And different species, and hats, and a bunch of all kinds of subspecies of the same Pokemon, and a bunch of different victory tactics, and all Pokemon of the same species differ from each other in characteristics. 

And what about ingress?

Corporations that developed weapons and things for the game suddenly stopped doing this ... Talking heads broadcasting from video clips do not affect the mechanics of the game, the maximum that you can do is capture the portal and make the field. Portals do not used to protect or introduce exogenous creatures.

Portals are the same as a few drops of water - you cannot make defensive attacking summoning or other types of portals. All we can do is insert 8 resonators + 1-2 modifiers, and that’s it. It is minimalistic combinations, like in a tic-tac-toe game, that dare many players.

• I'm not sure how implementing a double AP item (an item in literally hundreds of games) is making it more like PoGo? With badge locks being a possibility in Ingress, the ones that benefit the most from Apex are old time or Recursed players.

• The apex looks amazing in my opinion. I would like them to tone down the flashiness as it’s flashier than the other items

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

I thought the same (it's like pogo), but then I thought why not? We all got the opportunity to try it before deciding to purchase it .

Any new features to entice newbies and make the active agents more active is always good...

• It does feel like they're trying to push PoGo features into Ingress but at the same time, I'm interested to see how it will work for Ingress.

Whereas I play PoGo because I like Pokémon, I play Ingress because it's different and more tactical. I'm used to solo play anyway as my faction mates aren't willing to co-operate at all in my town, so new features that would enhance my game play are of interest to me.