Forced NL-1331 Meetup badge

2»

Comments

• getengeten ✭✭✭

Which I have already explained that I can't do, if you bothered to read what I wrote. I also wrote that my goal was to get a black profile with the badges I wan't

• lol. How polite of you. Hope NIA is reading this and sees how much of an effort you're worth.

• getengeten ✭✭✭

So you think your accusing troll comment "So is this like your alternate/second account? I mean nobody places the game this way for the first time." deserved a polite reply?

• Seems like a legit question to me. Everyone plays normal at least on their first run and if you think you're an exception, well then you could have just stated your reasoning/story. No need to be salty.

• Just because you are a multi-accounter you don't have to assume others are.

• MaxmurgianMaxmurgian ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Not all players have the ability or means to do that. It might be due to inability to travel, or not wanting or even being able to pay for badges. Why assume that all other players have the same possibilities that you have?

• Oh, so you know everyone, their respective motivation and how they play?

• Just because you are a multi-accounter you don't have to assume others are.

Oh, so you know everyone, their respective motivation and how they play?

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@SouLPrison3r I know multiple people who have played for all onyx on their only account. They are mostly people who have been around for 5+ years and/or hardcore players. I'd do it myself but I'm too much of a smasher and building just for stats is dreadfully dull for me. (I'm a few hundred away from double onyx purifier, but I still have platinum builder and gold connector.)

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a heck of a ratio, given that Purifier is already 50% higher than Builder (why?!), and that the global average for Builder has to be higher than that of Purifier (you can only destroy a resonator once, but you can deploy and upgrade it several times).

[Signed: onyx builder; purifier maybe in 4 years or so]

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@starwort It is. A while ago I thought it would be fun to get onyx purifier before platinum builder. I needed like 150K destroys to 18K deploys or something like that, and decided it would be a fun goal. Purifier beat builder by a few months. A few months ago I noticed I was approaching onyx builder and thought it would be fun to get double onyx purifier first. It was like 38K destroys to 3500 deploys. As of right now it's 599,127 to 197,745. If it wasn't for this silly pandemic I would have hit double onyx weeks ago.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I can easily travel too. And he don't need to travel, but make the appeal to bring the car to his city or the closest possible. For someone who made up a challenge, refusing na bigger one is really odd. I wouldn't refuse the opportunity to go to an anomaly or special event for a cosmetic goal. This medal break my goal (4 platinum in sequel) but I'm more happy for unlocking a new one than mad or sad for losing a streak.

His account is old enough to have this all black goal before any special event being made. I believe the first event was the via lux in 2016. He is from year 3, so this is at least one year of gameplay to develop the idea.

• I'm deeply disappointed and pretty upset about that topic (and that Niantic decided to sit it out) - I was f*cked up the same way the OP was. No glyph hack, no recharge .. no problem? First standard hack mutilated my profile, which I cultivated for nearly 3 years now.

To be clear: I'm still playing (although it's hard to decide right now, why). The shutdown of redacted annihilated the player base of my city (1.5M) down by 50 percent (maybe more), I didn't care, I adapted my playstyle, and continued. I'm not entirely sure for what reason I'm punished for being faithful with badges I don't want for actions which aren't described properly. So at first, you mess up with the procedure, afterwards, you talk around technical nonsense about "server did, we have no possibility to change"? Shame on you. Setting a Bit from 1 to 0 in a data set is no voodoo. Claiming that nevertheless is incredible stupid in a game with a player consisting of 123% IT Nerds (approximated that very conservatively).

Someone who wants something, finds a way. Someone who doesn't want something, finds (weak) excuses.

There's a reason I don't have a lot of badges in my profile. Mainly, because I will never reach Onyx there (NL-1331 belonged to it, beside Mission Day and Scout and some others), so I played around the best I could, which worked until that NL foolishness. Being "rewarded" without being asked is REALLY REALLY something which proves, you don't have any clue, how powerplayers tick.

We adapt our playstyle in a very restrictive way to reach our goals - which usually goes hand in hand with goals regarding our profile. Example: my link/field ratio is around 0.75 (31.244 Links, 41.019 Fields), which you can reach only with a very sophisticated playstyle. My long term goal (onyx everywhere) is ruined by what happened.

If you don't want the players who love that game for years and still invest hours of their spare time to walk around in these sad times (as far it's allowed of course), shut down Ingress instead ruining it that way. That would be honest.

And not having the balls to say at least "sorry we messed this one up for some of you" is weak. So thanks for nothing.

• I agree with Geten and Schwubbeline, this new bronze medal is pure foolishness.. I've avoided getting the NL badge simply because I know I'll never get onyx on the badge

• getengeten ✭✭✭

I've battled with the "support" autoreplies/copy paste answers for months now. Since Niantic screwed this up by starting an event without announcing it first, it really should be fair to do -1 on the counter of those who don't want the badge or didn't want to participate for other reasons. But it's impossible to get though via their support. I'm tagging NIA again, please help me with this.

@NianticAkshay @NianticAndrew @NianticAustin @NianticBrian @NianticCasey @NianticOfficial @NianticBC