Ingress 2.43.4 Release Notes

13»

Comments

• b2iiib2iii ✭✭

Why you still no fix keys?

• Vins0Vins0 ✭✭

thanks for forcing update before fixing startup problem on Android 6 ...

I guess I should say goodbye to my sojourner :/

• daawgdaawg ✭✭✭
    1. Sorting by name also bugs similarly in capsule view when loading/unloading keys from/to capsules.
  • Unfortunately Ingress has stopped...

thank, my sojourner lost..

Android 5.1.1

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

It is interesting for me to know which category is bigger - android 5/6 users or lucky ones with ARCore native support.I think 2.41-2.43 issues with login are conected with portal scan support.IMO portal scan should be a separate app.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
  • APP WON'T START - STUCK ON NIANTIC SCREEN

Since 2.41.x update the app gets stuck on splash screen, The airship with NIANTIC logo and does not progress any further.

Huawei Honor 6 on Android 6.0

2.40.1 worked fine - Tried reinstalling, clearing cache. Phone was recently reset to factory its all vanilla.

Please help.

edited March 2020

@NianticCasey @NianticBrian are we getting any closer to a working un-crashable app ???? More sojurners are being lost which in turn means more players giving up.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it's worth I can still start Ingress (2.43.4) on my old Android 6.0 phone (Samsung S5). Takes several minutes, but it still starts.

• No. I do not have root or recovery .. I tried on another similar phone, the same problem.

• Same happens to me. It gets stuck on initial screen and goes no further. Love how they force us to update in order to play, and the update doesn't work. Old one worked fine, now I can't play at all. Can't recharge my portals that I've been holding for a long time, probably lose them too.

• Confirming that forced update locks up on first screen with Niantic logo and stays here forever. Android 5. If you'd tap on a screen at this time, program usually crashes ("Unfortunately, Ingress was stopped") inside on of Unity modules. Sent a report with system logs as Android suggested. Previous version worked more or less flawlessly.

All my anchor portals located in hard to reach locations has been discharged, "Portal hold time" has been reset. I, personally, see no sense in battling with this... garbage anymore. Probably I should even thank you, Niantic, for returning me back to joys of real life.

• Vins0Vins0 ✭✭

this worked for me:

>clear cache and data

>move the app to memory card

after this you can enter well at least 1 time

Every time you close the app, you will have to clear the cache and data in order to play again.

at least it doesn't require a complete uninstall over and over again.

Running the game from the memory card can make it a bit slow, but at least you won't miss the daily hack

I hope it works for someone

edited April 2020

@starwort now your just showing off,take pride in the fact that you actually have a working version. :-P

Post edited by PhantomR1982 on
  • @NianticBrian still not working.

I used to be able to get in if I force stopped, cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled, and reinstalled. I've tried a bunch of times over the last 2 days and it doesn't work. I don't even get the crash screen anymore to send the report. It just hangs on the splash screen indefinitely.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Still have constant issues with audio not playing. Most frequently during glyphing.

It would intermittently come back, then go again.

Galaxy S9+ Exynos Android 10 official

• I tried this and it did work the first time. Only the first time and the game froze on the inventory screen about 15 minutes later. I tried clearing cache and data and reopening but still hanging on the splash screen.

• Ingress 2.43 doesn,t work in my smartphone.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

What mobile do you have, and what OS version is it?

• BrownLemonBrownLemon ✭✭
    edited April 2020

still crash on startup on iOS10

• Keniol9Keniol9 ✭✭

Gra przestała działać na androidzie 6.01 telefon HTC one. W pokemony inwestujecie A graczy Ingres macie w dupie. Najważniejsze jest kasa