Forced NL-1331 Meetup badge

getengeten ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in General

Today, out of nowhere, without any advance notification I received the NL-1331 Meetup badge. Everyone has their own goals and motivation in ingress. The main goal for me for the past 5 years has been to build an "all black" profile with the badges i want. It has been a struggle to avoid certain event badges etc, but i have managed. This really means a lot to me.

But the NL-1331 badge today was impossible to avoid since there were no advance notification at all for this event.

Please, is there any way to get through to Niantic to have it removed? I tried a support case, but only got the usual copy paste answer

"Thank you for contacting us. It seems that you have hacked or recharged the Portal during NL1331event. Hence, the Medal was automatically added to your account. Sadly, we do not have the option to remove the NL1331 Medal from your Agent profile at this time. We appreciate your understanding. Let us know if you have any other questions for us."

Is there a way to tag Niantic here and get better support? It would be such a tiny effort for them to fix this.

Otherwise, I am sad to say, my main goal has been ruined and that will likely be the end of my ingress career

Comments