Increasing Area of Influence to 80m or More (While Quarantines Are Ongoing)

edited March 2020 in General

Hi. I've seen a lot of unnecessary portal submissions lately and this is due to agents not being able to reach portals, even if the hacking output has been increased to 16 before burnout. So instead of moving portals closer to agents, why not just increase the agent action range to 80 meters (x2 of the current 40 meter range). This would perhaps be easier to adjust, than making temporary amendments to portal access. This would also benefit Pokemon Go trainers and players from other Niantic Games.

Would appreciate it very much :) Running out of gears to recycle for recharging though. To keep Sojourner alive, and defending territory portals

@NianticBrian

Comments

• C6h12o6C6h12o6 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

200m please ...

Or within screen range.

• 80 meters sound to be a reasonable range, aside from the current perks that Niantic is providing during the Pandemic.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

100m or so yea...

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

That's one thing that could benefit from paid monthly subscription.

Jurassic World Alive do that. Regular maximum range is 150m and paid is 200m or more (I don't remember). But it also does something interesting too, the closer you are from the interaction point, you get more items from the waypoints and got more "capture points" from the dinosaurs, so being able to interact from afar isn't exactly an advantage.

Ingress could easily benefit from that system, wich not much harm or breaking the game. Like, a 150m range to hack portals and capture them (the resonators would go to 40m anyway), but the rest of the interactions would still need the closest range (link, mod deploy, glyph hack).

That could actually be available a unlockable achievements, buying one step by step, increasing the range gradually to fit your needs (like bag space on Pokemon go).

Win-win situation for players and Niantic's pockets.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd easily pay for a private portal at my house right now. As is I only get to hack when I need to run to the store (or like today at lunch, run to drop off some mail & get gas for the mower) or if I have to go into the office for work I cannot do from home (ie hardware testing/break/fix). Other than that, it's no portals here. Even doubling the range like Pogo just did, wouldn't help me.

• Some of us who are at jome for example me and many more the closest portales are 200 meters away and do not reach the range. It would hace been a good range 200m or more so that people van play without leaving home and not feel mortified