Ingress on quarantine

AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

So lots of people are locked and can't play as usual.

Portal recharge count for Sojourner really helps but the rest of improvements like portal burnout and drop change not really as only some (okay, lots of but still not everyone) have couch portals...

We need something else.

1. It's definitely time to bring an `Adventure Sync` feature from Pokemon Go to Ingress as well. It shouldn’t be a big challenge as games seem to be sharing some codebase so it's not about implementing from the scratch but rather porting. It would be really nice if home exercises count towards trekker badge (or even some new badge).
  2. We have to be able accessing nearby portal remotely. I'm not saying about kind of legit spoofing but there are options:
  • Temporary increase action range say from 40 meters to 140 or whatever so people will be able to hack something more distant (should be easy, just a config change)
  • Teleport item that will temporary bring you to nearby portal
  • Temporary portal item that will create a portal when activated\dropped

More ideas?

Comments

• Saw the remote pogo raid option....got me thinking

how about lock in one or two keys for remote hacking acess, but those keys have to be from your home view to make it effective.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Or even an item that will temporarily teleport you to random location (say once per day for 30 minutes to completely random portal), maybe within home and bonus locations in the Wayfarer

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

the only thing they can do to ingress is increase our scanner range or something... otherwise idk? the other niantic games has more to do when playing home, ingress has no mini games battles or anything :/

Not sure if we will get anything besides the double r8 and more hack outputs.. but that only enourages most to go out? not stay home.. in pogo they do anything now so that people can raid from home soon... We have portal scanning and we must go out for it lol....

• I wanted to write something about that, and I see there's already a thread. So I'll add my opinion.

First of all - thanks to NIA for listening and giving that Sojourner recharge continuity.

Second of all - I really miss hacking and mainly gliphhacking... I was thinking of a portal visible only to the player, that's always in range. A player can make it L6 on his own... and hack it.

But I also like the idea of longer range / hacking visible portals. But, the question is - do we only hack, or can we add RESos...? Because that's where it gets tricky - noone wants to hack neutral portals, but the deploy distance would not work... So... It becomes tricky game change...

So I guess that "own portal" always in (normal) hack range would be a better idea. Noone can level it up higher than L6 and noone can destroy it...

These are my thoughts for now!

Stay safe, Agents! :)

• DMiliarakisDMiliarakis ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Remote hacking portal from home, limited to your view range on map, even if it requires having the key to hack the portal you see, would be nice, but let's face it fellow agents. Niantic working on a system for remote pogo raids in order to keep the money flowing, not as a gesture of good will. A gesture of good will, in pogo, would have been remote trades, a feature that Niantic doesn't make profit out of it.

Also I agree, adventure sync on ingress, should have been added ages ago....

• Isn't Adventure Sync on hold until they manage to get transition Ingress from its legacy servers onto the same infrastructure as PoGo? I remember it being mentioned as a priority once that was all said and done.

I hope recent backend updates are somehow related to that

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree with anything related to "legit spoofing" mechanics or making player action circle bigger. I already explained why in the nearby topic. People, please stop breaking the game even further. Current rules for sojourner, hacking, decay are already more than enough.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

As for playing from home, an idea I had but it would involve a new item & also a friend system.

Pokémon GO has eggs, and a battle system you can do from home and will likely see some spawns still. Wizards Unite you can brew Potions at home and still get stuff spawn, and in both games you can send your friends gifts.

My thought was to have a “Glyph Globe” (better name to come) that you can hack from portals. In having this, you don’t walk to hatch it like in the other games, but instead you can glyph hack it once a day/maybe every six hours. The globes will give items when hacked a certain number of times, and you can then collect another one.

Your friends can help too, by tapping your profile and glyph hacking your Globe once a day for you as well. For helping, they get some AP.

Higher level Globes take more hacks but give better stuff, hacks from the same faction/opposite faction can count as double hacks, and there can be a variety of stuff inside. Let’s go the whole usual route and have special event Globes with event exclusive glyphs.

This would allow people to practice glyph hacks, give some extra AP and give you something else to do when at home. Maybe you could hold a certain amount of Globes, so you can do so many at the end of the day or whatever?

Chuck in a new medal and that’ll be good I think.

I mean not forever.

But you are lucky if you can go to the neighborhood or just have a portal nearby. Lots of people don't.

Ingress is all about moving and once we can't move ...

Now we got double-AP items but what they can be used for? Recharges?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Now we got double-AP items but what they can be used for? Recharges?

Just wait for the quarantine to go away? You don't have to use them now.

I consider such things being useful as a good way to keep people interested in game during these hard times only. Except that they break the game somewhat and actually are quite useless for hi-level players

• We can hope. If there was ever a time to just rip off the band-aid and move everything over, it'd be when most of the playerbase is stuck indoors not playing. It'd be nice to get an update from the engineers on whether these backend updates are for those new "low-cost" legacy servers, or part of moving onto the Real World Platform servers.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

hm fevgames latest apk teardown shows battles of some kind are coming..... interesting