COVID19

2»

Comments

• how does one attend First Saturday's & plays with multiple accounts with both factions present? Interesting troll you are, I wonder what your agenda is!

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

The entire world isn't on lockdown, only very small areas of it. And just because some people are "breaking quarantine" doesn't mean the rest of the world that isn't under no quarantines have to suffer. On top of that, there is no guarantee that those "breaking quarantine" to play Ingress (presuming they are quarantined) won't break quarantine for other reasons. You can still play while practicing "social distancing". You can even play while never leaving your vehicle. Simply being outside does not increase the spread of COVID-19. In fact, doctors are still recommending people to go outside a few minutes each day to avoid vitamin D deficiencies.

• Completely suspending the game during this period prevents everyone from continuing their hack streak. Remember when Niantic made the change about portal recharging also counts as a portal hack during this period?

• What! am i really reading this correctly, your addicted behavior to hack during a lockdown period is paramount to the Governement strict rules of non-essential travel for the safety of others, don't be selfish and please stay at home. Lets vote Twilimidna8 for Prime Minister. Gez.

• I have read you point of view Mr Joker and although i disagree with it people are entitled to theirs on how these guidelines are meant.

However being abusive to people whom also disagree is not productive for any community.

In this sad time we should come together as a community (not in person as observing the safe distances) and agree to disagree and like the movie ive had to watch several times today... "let it go....."

1. i have no friends so being isolated is easY and the only person i see here with any agenda is you Mr Joker.
    2. Can you please not just repeat the same information it doesnt add any value....
  • GrnTyrantGrnTyrant ✭✭
    edited March 2020

1) Just another un-informative rant, no value add :-(

2) I welcome an informative counter-argument which you & others have been incapable of providing.

3) Here is some free advice to add value to the discussion. Don't just rant, provide a robust reason for breaking the law to play a game?, I don't hold out much hope though given your limited vision on the subject.

• CrowbarNZCrowbarNZ ✭✭
    edited March 2020

This may have been overlooked earlier in the thread:

The NZ Government is doing pretty good job of advertising this website on as many mediums as possible, it contains all the info you need to know regarding the current COVID19 situation in New Zealand along with details covering going outside around your local neighborhood (quoted below).

It will also have up-to-date information should anything change.

https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actions/covid-19-alert-level/

Recreation or exercise

• You can go for a walk, run, or bike ride. Exercise is good for people’s mental health.
    • If you do, it must be solitary, or with those you live with.
    • Keep a 2 metre distance.
    • However, if you are unwell, do NOT go outside.
    • DOC has closed all its campsites and huts.
    • Do not go hunting or hiking, and especially not on overnight trips.
    • People are expected to stay local when leaving the home.

• N3m3sis1N3m3sis1 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

In the UK, the rules are nearly exactly the same presently:

Recreation or exercise

• You can go for a walk, run, or bike ride. Exercise is good for people’s mental health.
    • If you do, it must be solitary, or with those you live with.
    • Keep a 2 metre distance.
    • However, if you are unwell, do NOT go outside.
    • You can leave the house to go and buy essentials or medication.
    • You can leave the house if you are a key worker or cannot do your job from home (some restrictions apply)

We have a small 250kmu multi-field up. When we foresaw lockdown coming we beefed up the anchors and link points and made sure we hacked plenty of cubes to maintain the fields) Three anchors are literally across the road from where the agents live and one can be hit by another agent without leaving the house.

All anchors are within easy exercise distance and two agents regularly cycle. None of us are breaking any laws.

Two ENL agents out on "Exercise" came to the anchor at my end after walking 3.5 miles. Again, that is a reasonable exercise distance,

allowed and within the current rules.

Other countries have more stringent lockdown rules and this point needs to be stated. The game can still be played solitary, within the rules in some countries, in others it is totally against the rules. You cannot tar everyone with the same brush.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

It's called the only time to play is on the way to the grocery store and keeping three large steps away from anyone else while doing so.

My area the two are a bit rough to maintain but that means minimal play over a far smaller area, sometimes at hours that break "books" you have on other agents.

• Yes, I cannot speak for your Country and i wish you and the public well. New Zealand is slowly closing its inland boarders as a result of arrogant and ignorant people who do not follow the guidelines & law to mitigate the spread of Covid19. Unfortunately we have seen known addicted players still venture out in their cars for no good or essential reason other than to keep their stats. alive. All nicely captured on comms for all to see.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

how do you know where those said agents are working or exercising??

curious, how you know so much about peoples lifes, to determine they arnt where they are suppose to be?

• GrnTyrantGrnTyrant ✭✭
    edited March 2020

oh the Creepy one re-appears, not locked up yet! *reported again DUH! as we can see your not that bright, no informative comments as per usual :-(

• GrnTyrantGrnTyrant ✭✭
    edited March 2020

What! are the playgrounds that empty that you are getting the shakes? One positive of the lockdown is that our kids are in a safer place from the likes of you! Stop trying to hijack this discussion for your own agenda.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
This discussion has been closed.