Two portals spoofed down. Request that a Vanguard revert these

MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in General

On March 22nd one inaccessible and one zero cell portal that had been untouched for 2 years were spoofed down 15 minutes apart by two separate accounts.

I submitted a Trusted Reporter ticket and was told that

"Per your request and our escalated ticket to NIA Ops, we have received confirmation that they have reviewed the ticket and taken actions where appropriate."

Both agents are now "no longer in the system"

The portals are still grey and are completely inaccessible at the current time. I contacted the TR bot to see if the portals can be reverted and was told

"You said "Yes" to being contacted by a Vanguard. If they identify that the portal should be restored, they will contact you for information. Alternatively you may reach out to one of the Vanguards directly to inquire."

Right now, I recognize that just about everyone is experiencing serious disruptions to their lives and I don't want to bug any of the volunteer Vanguards that I do have contact info for. I would also not like this to allow the spoofers to destroy the map.

If any Vanguards would contact me or provide me with their contact info, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Vanguards cant not restore portals, that can only niantic do, they can only help u get the information to the right place. Submit a ticket to niantic with all relevant info and let them review the case.

• MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭

The Niantic TR reporter system told me the next step is to speak to a vanguard.

The process for dealing with spoofing and restoration is not through the ticketing system but through the trusted reporter system as detailed here:

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/ingress/?s=agent-protocol&f=about-the-trusted-reporters-program&p=web

As I said in my post I provided the information to the Trusted Reporter System. The accounts associated with the portal spoofs have been banned. The next instructions from the trusted reporter bot was ""You said "Yes" to being contacted by a Vanguard. If they identify that the portal should be restored, they will contact you for information. Alternatively you may reach out to one of the Vanguards directly to inquire."

However, we are not provided with Vanguard contact info and I am therefore I am reaching out to the Vanguards directly to inquire.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@MXXW

There is a list of Vanguards on this post. I'd guess try their ign's in Telegram or tag one or two of them on this post (but don't go crazy with it)

*Had to use Google to locate the list, the search on the forums isn't the best.

• I'd like to point out that list is a bit outdated as 2 quit and one passed away, they have not released an updated listing anywhere I'm aware of.

• MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭

Exactly, I was sent that list by the TRBot, but as was mentioned, the list is quite tragically out of date. And given the state of the world, I am simply not comfortable reaching out to any of the Vanguards directly. They are Volunteers and, quite rightly, could have other priorities atm.

So I am posting here so Vanguards can choose to contact if they wish.

• Actually, that's not completely true. The Vanguards are now responsible for managing the process of restoring portals. They do not push the final button, but they contact people who've reported portals through TR's (and ticked the box to be contacted) and get the details of the portals. Then they submit the restoration details through a private process and have the portals restored.

Vanguards are our point of contact for portal restorations, once you've submitted your TR report.