How long does it take to get a response about moving the portals?

I apologize for the question but I am the manager of the community in my city and many ask for an answer. We are waiting around 8 - 9 months for information on moving Ingress' portals / Pokemon Go's pokestops.

Although so many months have passed, no one has received any response. Why?

Comments

• GigiGxGigiGx ✭✭

I'm asking because a large number of portals / pokestops are placed in very wrong places.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I wish I knew. I have one that is been waiting that long too.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

There is no official timeline or even an agreed-upon amount of time that edits will take to go through the system... In my experience I would say generally it just takes months and months. Although I have had a couple go through more quickly they seem to be outliers.

I am of the opinion that they are still heavily tweaking the editing in opr because there are swarms of people doing this... Without level restriction in Ingress, and many of them are people trying to alter portals slightly in order to allow for more pokestops.

the process of streamlining this system in my opinion is going to take a very long time. Even if you gather up an army of people in your area and have a discord server or something to organize how you vote on edits it's still not too easily gamed. (Not saying you are doing this)

I would also caution you to prepare yourself for possibly not getting the locations move to where you hoped. Opr reviewers tend to want the location pin put on the location and not off to the corner or slightly off-kilter. again I'm not specifically saying that you are doing this but I'm just throwing it out there in case you get some rejections and you're not entirely sure why.

The thresholds and timelines for edits at this moment I believe are less clear than even nominations and submissions.