Introducing the Wayfarer Community

Hi folks,

Firstly, let me say thanks for all of the lively and interesting Wayfarer conversations that you’ve been having here. You’ve certainly kept me on my toes with all of your questions.

Over time, it’s become more and more clear that we need a centralized place for updates, conversations, and information related to Wayfarer. We’re happy to unveil the Wayfarer Community Forum!

As of today, all discussions, appeals, and announcements regarding Wayfarer will take place on this new home. We’ll be freezing Wayfarer-related sections in this forum, clearing out the pending appeals, and archiving the information.

I’ll be there too, answering questions and providing clarity on confusing nominations as well as sharing information about bugs and other trending topics. Looking forward to seeing you on the other side!

Post edited by NianticCasey on
Tagged:

Comments

• @NianticCasey I notice that the the you have removed the tread about submissions stuck in voting. Can you confirm that these issues are still being looked into. I do not mean upgrades just normal nominations.

Thanks.

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

That's a Pokémon question, this is an Ingress forum, wah wah wah

Party's over

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey Link isn't working

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey New forum doesnt have a quote feature enabled currently.

• Also other person can register (with other email) and steal known ingress agents names, impersonating and start posting insults or any other non-senses, resulting in name ban of the agent in that forum.

• marian522marian522 ✭✭✭

A very bad bad bad idea...The exclusive Ingress forum should be kept.

Also, the new platform is completely insecure when requesting a new user registration, anyone could name another agent and do silly things in the community... As always, instead of improving, you make things worse.

One step forward and five steps back ...

• I haven't seen any problem if someone wanna do the same for Ingress forum.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Looks like they fixed that,,,,

Guess it was just for testing,,

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Haha that's because the url has

Unsafe: infront, remove that and Goto

community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com

• Now google login mandatory was implemented.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey

announcements regarding Wayfarer will take place on this new home

However, some important announcements should be duplicated somewhere here too (surely with link to new WF forum and w/o comments), although this will be a double copy-paste for you

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

Wayfarer isn't an Ingress thing - it doesn't belong in this forum.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

This is where many of us have gone for announcements. A short period would be appreciated to increase visibility of announcements.

And Wayfarer very much is an Ingress thing. It is also a PoGO thing and even a HP:WU thing.

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

Just close this sub-forum asap.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@NianticCasey I've just took a look at the new wayfarer forum,and it's basic and there is a few minor issues I can see,however unlike many other users my ingress/pogo level isn't near the required level to join the main wayfarer program and it won't rise any time soon.. however when I tap the *sign in with Google login* button it asks me to authorise nianticlabs.com to my profile then looks like it's going to redirect me back to the new forum and a tab closes then I'm put back on the login screen but it doesn't seem to have logged me in with a "-ING" Or "-pgo" tag as im seeing for merged users if this is due to the required level being needed then surely a message should come up explaining the reason my account can't be merged or logged in to the new forum...just like the message I get when I try to login to the main wayfarer site.

Can You Confirm This ?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey @NianticKN The New community seems bugged. I opened 2 discussions with pictures and both went under review first to be approved before showing up. Both were appeals, one about a portal that was wrongly removed, with my proofs that it still exists. I'm kind hurry about this one and it's gonna but 24h soon and aren't showing up yet. Should I make another discussion?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

So when will new discussions be closed here?

• Dont be a spoilsport 😆😁🤪 we like to talk here and there !!! Be Kind !!!

• Well a step in the right direction at least. Hopefully the Nianatic reps will not all have ING next to their names. The stink of favoritism should be left behind with this sub forum.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Things are getting real dicey in there, @NianticCasey. It's possible I'm missing things, but I have yet to see any semblance of active moderation other than a few posts from you from time to time. With the larger base that this new community is reaching, Niantic really needs to step up moderation and participation.

No clear moderation in the Appeals section. I know a week without response isn't uncommon, but people are using it incorrectly and those who are using it are unanswered.

Us vs. Them. This is really running rampant, despite requests for it to stop. I it getting out of hand, being fueled in part by the -Ing and -PGO suffixes. I know you said it was a feature, but I encourage reconsidering and finding a different option.

The "us vs them" is also being fueled by an individual's successful post in the News thread. I don't think it is doing anything to provide benefit to the community. There is also a growing feud that will need addressing as a partial response to that post.

Please, we need some more stepping up from Niantic in there.

Editing to add: I'm really glad the new forum exists. I think it's 15 steps in the right direction, especially by trying to set up a forum specifically inclusive to all Wayfinders. I know we can all get more value out of these.

• Thanks for your feedback @Gendgi, I hear you loud and clear and these points are all things that I'm working on, especially getting more Niantic eyes on the Appeals section.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Thanks! I see the News post was already removed. Much appreciated, @NianticCasey!

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

This Thread in particular has strong evidence of one user using multiple accounts to manipulate his own standing in the Wayfarer forum.

• Why are you guys still arguing with TC?

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The appeals section is completely abandoned. Not a single staff replying there. I hope the reason is because the responsible for that is busy working on the queue that is left here.

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey Semi-Related I thought @NianticKN was going to provide feedback for rejected appeals. I had a description edit denied and no reason provided. It doesn't make any sense as to why its not a more valid description than the current one and I can provide any back up needed.