Server update in progress

Hi folks,

As you may have seen on Telegram, we're currently undergoing a server update.  If you see any issues in the Ingress app, specifically Portals or XM not appearing, please let us know below.

Tagged:

Comments

• jv090791jv090791 ✭✭

What is going on with my Ingress Scanner and the updates?

• jv090791jv090791 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

I said What's going on with my Ingress Scanner and the updates?

• @jv090791 ideally you shouldn't see a visible change on your Ingress app from this update. There was an issue earlier this morning where Portals and XM were temporarily not loading, which has since been addressed. Are you still unable to see Portals and XM after restarting your Ingress app? Can you describe what you're seeing or include a screenshot, and describe what you expect to see instead? Thank you for the heads up.

• Shogun79Shogun79 ✭✭✭

Currently don't see portals or XM

Portal only appears when I press on the key after that it loads

• EastAnglianEastAnglian ✭✭✭

All portals have disappeared from my screen

• MrNateJoMrNateJo ✭✭✭

No portals or fields showing.

• Not sure if it's related but upon opening my scanner the tutorial automatically reengaged. Seems like an old bug, but unsure if it was triggered by recent events.

• MrNateJoMrNateJo ✭✭✭

After going into portal keys, the portals I have keys for appear as shogun79 stated above

• EastAnglianEastAnglian ✭✭✭

They're back now but I'm getting "link creation failed" error message when the link is clearly visible

• vke123vke123 ✭✭✭

The rasberry pi is getting An upgrade. Finally

• MrNateJoMrNateJo ✭✭✭

Seems to be loading now 🙂

• 11tyBillion11tyBillion ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Issues. No or limited portal visibility tap key in inventory and it appears on scanner. Try turning it off and back on again. /s

Edit: feeling much better now

• HuntHunt ✭✭

Not sure if it's related but reporting anyway.

I got a message about connection not being secure. App logged me out and I had to log back in. No issues before/after (I'm only recharging portals right now).

• AvengingGingerAvengingGinger ✭✭

I have two instances of green links connected to blue portals that were smashed and capped blue during the instability earlier today. Ruined a fielding op. :(

These links have persisted for approximately 4 hours now. Can they be reset?

and

http://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=41.83587,-87.834405&z=17&pll=41.83587,-87.834405

edited March 2020

Also, while I hopefully have Niantic's attention, in the above screenshot please notice the streak of blue portal-like flares running horizontally in a straight line across the screen to the right edge just below the green links. Those are not portals. They are random blue special effects. Sometimes the line will be white if there are a lot of ghosted portals in the area. This has been happening in my scanner regularly for a few weeks now. It doesn't inhibit play at all, as long as one is familiar with the real locations of the portals.

Post edited by AvengingGinger on
  • ioHpeiHioHpeiH ✭✭✭

The scanner is buggy tonight. No portals visible at all. After restart just a few missing. Right now my homeportal is broken 😋

• @AvengingGinger which device and Android version are you seeing the "lens flare" or lighting effect on?

• SerroZelernySerroZelerny ✭✭

Will Nia ban gps spoofers and process support tickets or is it ok now to spoof gps location while new servers are not stable and it is better to stay home?

@NianticBrian I'm seeing the lens flare on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 5.

@NianticBrian The green links are gone now, thank you.

• @ioHpeiH do these Portals still not appear after restarting the app?

• @DestroyerTJ I had included previous plans for the March Global Challenge in error, and this was quickly removed from the forum post. I'll follow up there to confirm that there is no March 20 event. Please stay safe and follow local recommendations.

• JinX3DJinX3D ✭✭

Due to covid-19 Niantic should freeze ingress, so no one spends time playing in the street, this game is not like pokemon that you can play at home.

• ioHpeiHioHpeiH ✭✭✭

The scanner is buggy tonight. No portals visible at all. After restart just a few missing. Right now my homeportal is broken 😋

• PG1403PG1403 ✭✭

2 quantum capsules r vanished off from inventory.Hope full ill get that back after end of this server update

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

will this fix the not able to link sometimes ? u can link to a portal but the link option shows no portal to link? this happens almost daily and usually restart thelps but not always.. very frustrating when u cant throw links when u know its possible. full ressed, no link in the way etc....

• Starkiller7GStarkiller7G ✭✭
    edited March 2020

@NianticBrian @NianticCasey any fix for long distance link failure?

• Thanks for your patience; we're continuing with our game server updates today. Please let us know here if you see any Portal actions fail, or if you see increased latency or lag between actions.

• greenhamgreenham ✭✭

They happen all the time i dont know if it is my phone my carrier or youf app. I just plug away restart thd game and move on.