Optima Global Challenges

In a moment where we are receiving clear indications to stay home and go out only for important reasons due to the COVID 19 pandemia, I find extremely worrying that Niantic has still the Optima global challenge on. Please stay home! Please avoid unnecessary risk to spread the virus.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic has just removed the details of the Optima Global Challenge and the new boost item from the post, we are excited to see whether there will be new information shortly. Stay tuned and healthy.

• agents are at home. best time for continuation of decoding challenge :)

alternatively, why not to introduce temporary 10 or 100 AP for each agreement in wayfarer? AP boost + improvement of POI network. no?

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad they removed the Optima Global Challenge stuff.

And not sure I like the 30 min 2x AP boost as of current. Too many questions, like is it stackable with other 2x events? Because if it were, IFS would explode with agents looking for that super easy win-trading AP.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed this. Does someone have a print?

What was the challenge?

iFS doesn't have double AP exactly. It give you the same amount you did, with the maximum cap of 500000 for it. Using a item boost will just speed up the time you will take to reach the 500k cap.

Many peoples doesn't reach 500000 during ifs, now they can easily do it. The other will make a lot, plus 500k after a week.

Maybe they will remove double AP for ifs, to incentive people to buy the item instead.

• While I could get to 500k AP with a new "double AP item" active the whole time, I've only ever managed mid 300k AP in the 2 hour window, and I'm often the top earner in our city, always ending the event with a severely depleted inventory of Xmps and even Resonators as it is.

We must be doing something wrong if multiple people are already commonly hitting 500k in other places (vs. only in future with a 2x item).

Go with 1500 resonators lv1 and about 200xmp lv8 and aim to deploy the first resonator. Don't walk so much far the rival team.

I (and other 2 agents with me that day) went from lv 1 to 7 in August. That's 600k. January I got 720k. March I got 380k, but this one I was focused in trekker because of an internal award (I won that criteria).

But I saw the announcement and the item doesn't seems to be supposed to always give 2x AP. But even if give 25% this will probably be a certain buy every month for many players. You can guarantee you reach the 500k, proplayers will buy 4 boosts and reach over 2 millions (an agent reached 1,2 million last year, by buying resonators packages during the event).

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up 385k last FS and I came fairly unprepared. I know people who easily ding 500k at FS. It's mainly coming to the FS with the right gear and playing a certain way. It's not really all that hard. I was only active maybe 90 minutes of the FS time as well. I could of made it to 500k if I would of had more resonators. I didn't prepare, so my fault there.

But back to it, if you could gain double AP during that time, that 500k becomes a stupid easy million AP, plus the extra 500k you'd get later on.

If anything it will encourage more people to run AP generators, and less stuff to do overall.

• PabeyPabey ✭✭

There are no nominations available to review at this time.

=((