[Bug Resolved] Approved Wayspots not imported into Niantic games

2»

Comments

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was approved (and not rejected due to the 20m rule) it would appear in the intel map.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey, at this point, should we assume that any of the previously accepted nominations that did not sync into the games as a result of this bug have been cleared out? Thanks!

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Good day, @NianticCasey, asking since it's been over 2 weeks since the bug was acknowledged by the Niantic team.

Have all previously approved Wayspots been transferred into the game maps? I'm specifically asking about Wayspots making their way into the Intel map, not cross platforms to other games. I'm asking because I personally have nominations upgraded around the December timeframe and I've heard many other people report such that are still not accepted. So, I just wanted clarification from Niantic on whether or not it has been fully resolved or if there are other issues persisting.

Thanks!

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey I second this statement from @Gendgi, I have several upgrades from the end of December still stuck invoting and plenty of similar upgrades after that already resolved.

• In my exp most of the portals showed up in Ingress

It was the other 2 games that they failed to show up in so I was wondering (esp those that were far from any existing ones)

@NianticCasey I can agree with the above post. I have redeemed over 260 upgrades and ONLY within the past month have I had issues with how upgrades are working. Upgrades appear to be getting stuck and no longer being "Fast Tracked" after a certain point. My upgrades are either taking 1-2 days to resolve or are not resolving at all.

Historically ALL upgrades of my 260 prior to the end of December resolved within 1-5 days. I currently still have open upgrades from December and the first week of January.

• Same here. I'm in an area that takes a year easily without upgrades. Reviewing is the only way I have to get new portals, but now that isn't even helping

• If Niantic responded with "We don't see a problem, give it time", would you be satisfied?

You're only going to be happy if they nod and agree with you, so no response, or a negative response, neither is going to be effective. However, not providing a response prevents you from having a target to argue with.

It's a fairly standard communications practice.

edited January 2020

The problem is there is clearly a problem. I have a good sample of Submissions from January that upgraded and got responses within 2 days and then a very similar submission got upgraded a day before or day after and is still outstanding. Something is preventing some upgrades from being reviewed outside of their normal target range. I do have evidence from locals seeing the subs in their feeds.

So what causes 1 submission on a Trail go be approved in 24 hours of being upgraded but the other item on the trail taking 3+ weeks of still being upgraded in voting? The first one clearly was sent out to a larger audience per the Upgrade the second one clearly wasnt otherwise it would have been resolved by now. Why are people not seeing these upgrades?

Two set of examples:

The Upgraded and accepted were all upgraded then accepted within 2 days of upgrade. However, another trail marker has been upgraded and sitting for 3 weeks. Statistically they are not going to be voted too different than the other one. Its possible, but if it went to a larger audience it would have at least been denied by now if there was an "issue".

They've already replied with "We don't see a problem, give it time" through both the "contact us" feedback and here on the forum. That's a big reason why people are upset, because it's very clear there is an issue, and the response has been to deny that there is one.

• The problem is there is clearly a problem.

And the only party who is seeing the intricacies of the system, and why the behavior is happening, is the people saying "It's working fine". We might not be able to see the reasons, but if they're looking at it and going "Yeah, that's why" and don't see a problem, we're not going to change their minds.

Keep talking about it definitely, but don't hang your hat on it, and keep playing Ingress instead.

I submitted 18 nominations along a 1.5 mile trail. All 18 have been upgraded. 12/18 got upgraded and approved within a matter of 2 days from upgrade date. The other 6 are now in upgrade/voting status, for between 1-4 weeks, how does it make sense that 66% of them approved within 2 days of upgrade, the other stuck for weeks. It would be one thing if some took 1 day and others took a week sure. But there's a vast discrepancy between 2 days and 4 weeks(and counting) timing.

At what point to a make a larger fuss? 1 month? 2 month? 6 month?

Prior to December all my upgrades resolved within 5 days. So seeing 4 weeks is terrible as the point of an upgrade is to fast track.

if the system working correctly is an upgraded submission still not resolving after being upgraded for 3 months, then the system is broken

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Regardless, if Niantic was declining them, they would show as rejected.

@NianticCasey or @NianticBrian could potentially confirm: is Niantic is rejecting nominations but not actually flagging them as being rejected?

I have approximately 30 nominations upgraded since November. 18 are still active. Obviously, I don't expect my playground that was upgraded yesterday to be approved overnight, but do you have a theory on why a baseball field in a park is still in voting when I upgraded it over 2 months ago? I find nothing even questionable about the field. There's nothing nearby it could be a potential duplicate. I've had other baseball fields go through in a few days in a different region. Just not here.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply, @NianticCasey! I really appreciate it.

• @NianticCasey a lot of people are having this problem. I myself have been waiting on approvals since December. I live In a very active wayfarer community where things normally take days to be go though voting. Also when I hear pogo players having way points approved in the same 5 days as I once did this is not filling me with confidence from niantic.

I have messaged your help team and they said that if my nominations are in voting they haven't met the amount needed. How can this be the case when so many pogo players living in my area are having the stuff approved or rejected so much faster in all cases there submissions went in just over a week ago.

Just seems all a bit to much of a generic response from your guys. You want people to do all the work but are not willing to do much about problems that people are clearly having with your systems. And people wonder why ingress is losing so many players.

Rant over lol

• Hey folks,

I've posted an update on this situation here: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/64363

Sorry for the delay in getting this info to you!

• Hm, seems like something holds back accepted stuff again? Just got one accepted but I got no mail and it's not visible on the map. 🤔

• Hi @RyuuVanDraco, reposting an update from another thread:

It looks like there is some trouble in the backend that is blocking some approved Wayspots from going live on the backend.

It also looks like this is what could be blocking the emails for approvals, which get sent out once the associated Wayspots go live.

The good news is that the team is looking into this today so hopefully we'll have a resolution in the next few days.

• Submission photos are not rotating properly. Can you also look at that? @NianticCasey

• Hello, is this bug still live? I got a confirmation e-mail on Feb 26th that my nomination is eligible but it's nowhere to be found on ingress or PoGo map. It's also stated as accepted in Wayfarer site. I really put a lot of effort to populate my area with new pokestops (about 50 since system is avaliable for PoGo players in Poland). Every 2 weeks I drive my car and search for interesting spots and help kids around to make POIs for them to play which we lacked in rural area in my province. I really care about every nomiation I get.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Submit with ingress If you want precision on the response. This is the standard email from pokemon, and doesn't mean that your nomination really got approved in ingress, since it might be close to other portal.

• edited March 2020

I believe this issue is still happening, we have had two in a row not show up and they’re in their own s2 17 cells and spaced out over 20 meters apart and both was upgraded nominations. It only happens on the girl friends account as well

Post edited by Ragglesnaggles on
  • GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

You sure the location didn't get moved in voting, @Ragglesnaggles? If it gets moved, you'll be able to tell in the Wayfarer nominations page.

• I’m sure. It’s been a known issue that some of the upgrades are wonky

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

There was a known issue that upgrades weren't getting appropriately upgraded at the end of 2019. There was known issue of nominations accepted and not going live across all game platforms. I don't believe there was an issue that nominations specifically upgraded were accepted but not going live.