[Resolved] Submissions Subtracting Two Nominations

Hi folks,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue in Niantic Wayfarer that was resulting in a single attempted submission to result in duplicate submissions. We’re happy to let you know that the issue has been resolved. One successful submission is now only subtracting one nomination.

The issue also affected the number of available nomination slots by deducting an additional slot for each duplicate nomination. We are unable to manually reinstate the nomination slots for the affected players.

However, to make up for this issue, the nomination cap will be raised from 14 to 28 nominations for everyone from March 19 to March 30.

Thanks for your patience while we resolved this issue.

Tagged:

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Thank you for the information, @NianticCasey! This is great to hear.

• Thank you for the information @NianticCasey

• @NianticCasey , will this apply to Pokémon GO players too with their nomination cap being raised from 7 to 14 nominations? They had to deal with the same problem too

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

That will be exciting for many. I do hope a Wayfarer event comes to more locations, assuming the Korean one is deemed a success. It will take even more reviewing to catch up with the current backlog AND upcoming nominations.

Hopefully more people will be encouraged to review while staying indoors and Niantic can encourage more productive reviewing.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the issues preventing agents from being able to log into Ingress using some versions of iOS and Android be solved by then?

• Will this also mean that the submission have been fixed so no problems with nominations being stuck in voting?

• I think that's a good idea rewarding those that stay at home, or those who temporarily can't go out.

• See ours didn’t take two nominations but when we upgraded a nomination and it was accepted it didn’t show up in any game

• edited March 2020

@SF88 I agree, if they’re going to optn the flood gates for more nominations they should also do a event where it’s beneficial to review to get the backlogs going

• SF88SF88 ✭✭

@Ragglesnaggles then we understand each other.

I hope @NianticCasey will consider this or the larger Niantic team as a whole we need a reviewing event not more submits in a clogged up system.

• KawhinotKawhinot ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Thank you for the update @NianticCasey. I hope that Niantic is also looking into another issue being reported from the community that there seems to be an issue with a number of nominations submitted in October/Npvember/December, where they are either stuck in queue or stuck in voting. These nominations appear to not being pushed into reviewer's voting feeds at the same rate as other more recent nominations (which are seeming to be usually decisioned in only 1 to 2 weeks).

• 100% agree with this. Give people the incentive to review more (and store up upgrades so when they are out of lockdown they can use them) let clear those backlogs as some people have submissions outstanding from over a year ago

• Thanks for the feedback @s3w2, this was a concern that I spoke with the team about when we were first discussing the resolution of this issue as well as in the days since then.

You're right, depending on where you are in the world right now, it may not be safe (or even legal) to be outdoors right now. We're going to leave the double nominations in place for those areas that are unaffected. I encourage EVERYONE to use their best judgment and defer to their own personal comfort levels and the recommendations of local healthcare agencies.

Additionally, we'll be offering a second period where the nomination cap is increased once things have settled down.

I strongly advocated for the option to allow people to choose a temporary Home or Bonus location, but the concern was that this would impact the quality of reviews or encourage reviewers to choose a place they're actually not familiar with.

Thanks for your understanding.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I'm sincerely unsure why the excuse that impact of quality or reviewing a place we are unfamiliar with would be a concern, @NianticCasey . I frequently see nominations from Saipan, Puerto Rico, and parts of Mexico and Canada, but I rarely leave the United States Midwest. We already review areas we are unfamiliar with. Every day, I log in and get more reviews from all over the country than my own area, far from where my locations are set, and after a bit of reviewing I get "no more nominations available" which basically feels like a cooldown. Right now, my work has limited hours and I can't exactly go out and play more, so reviewing is what I have left. Upgrades are already the only way I can have nominations approved in my area without waiting nearly a year, so maybe I'm biased by wanting to review more, but I sincerely think it would help a lot more people than just me.

This would be very similar to the South Korea Wayfarer event. Just something that can help increase reviewing, because otherwise it's only going to get worse for people like me.

• @NianticCasey i seldom get any nominations from places that i am familiar. i have set my location and my home location about 30km away. that really isnt a thing. i have stuff from Poland and France and i am not familiar with the language or the places.

• s3w2s3w2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Thanks for your response. I feel that it is a step in the right direction but a short one, in my opinion.

I praise all the efforts Niantic have made to make their games playable from home. You can actually play Pokemon Go and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite from your sofa! Ingress not as much....

But, and don't take me wrong, Wayfarer haven't changed a bit and is missing out an opportunity to do so. If people are now encouraged or even forced to stay home, you could have made it more interesting for players to review YOUR assets for all your games.

Allowing them to get more upgrades or even save more upgrades for when things get back to what they were would be a nice touch. Moving your bonus area for a period of time to other territories doesn't mean a decrease in quality of the review process. It just means that reviewers are willing to apply their judgement on familiar or in areas that they have some knowledge. I wouldn't set my bonus to South Korea or Vietnam, but I would gladly move my temp bonus location to Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa and help them out.

Your response actually leads to another wider one about the quality of the review system everywhere (with rubbish portals being approved at our doorsteps).

Currently my country is in a lockdown. Others have done the same. The situation is evolving negatively in others. A global emergency was declared. I just hope you can keep track of affected/unaffected areas on a daily basis.

Thank you

• QwizicalQwizical ✭✭✭

@s3w2 this is a *perfect opportunity* for Niantic to encourage reviewing in Africa.

If they tell us which areas need reviewers, reviewers will come.

We have a wonderful group of Agents in the UK who want to help the creation of wayspots everywhere.

• Would also be useful to let us pick extra bonus locations. I chose the Falklands and have only had 10 reviews from there. Small islands need more reviewers but people don’t want to use up their bonus location if they won’t get many reviews from that location

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Any plan to postpone the nomination cap raise as most on the agents will be stuck at home during this period ?

• aenarielaenariel ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey do please consider at least putting cell cycles on hold for the time being. Short of reducing decay (which would be an awesome move) that will certainly discourage hardcore players from going out.

Thank you for the hard work during these hard times.

• SF88SF88 ✭✭

@NianticCasey though I thank you for your response I'm somewhat confused and a little annoyed by it.

Why can't the wayfarer team implement some sort of reviewing bonus of some kind.

The majority of people on these forums don't want the focus to be on submitting right now but reviewing.

Can we please change bonus location something as little as this.

• s3w2s3w2 ✭✭✭

We're going to leave the double nominations in place for those areas that are unaffected. 

@NianticCasey The number of unaffected areas in the globe is decreasing quicker than your good judgement.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I am wondering is the removal of submissions a glitch due to moving the server? Because a lot of people do take photos and remote submit from home within the 25km range. I feel like if we can't get the extra nominations can we just have our normal 14? I currently have about 20 submissions ready to submit that I took picture of last weekend in preparation for the doubling event.

• u3k21u3k21 ✭✭

I understand not wanting to impact the review quality as it regards to bonus locations, but if a reviewer remains in the Great rating, wouldn't it make sense for them to be allowed an extra temporary bonus location so long as they remain in Great?

I also am concerned about edits, they have supposedly gotten better in some areas but for the most part they don't move. Would it be possible to allow people to review edits for their Home locations? At the moment, you can review only review edits wherever you played last, but if you're on a business trip or vacation you are already reviewing edits for places you aren't necessarily familiar with. Would it not make sense to allow reviewing edits in an area that you have set because of your familiarity with it?