Wayfarer Abuse

Can we please add a complaint / abuse button to Wayfarer? I am getting tired of valid portals taking forever and getting rejected for nonsense reasons

Apparently Trail Markers in a National Park are "not visually unique" (well duh of course they look the same only diff being coordinates and names of trails) or "temporary / not permanent"

And of course rejection emails always "cant appeal" "cant discuss" blah blah blah

Its obvious people are working together in teams to strategically approve / deny portals they want based on own criteria

Comments

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

A PoGO friend nominated a mural 5 feet from the doorway of a building, with a supporting photo from the entrance that showed clearly the location. Reviewers decided it was appropriate to move the mural to the middle of the building which blocked it from coming into her game. Support refuses to help her since it isn't in PoGO. Luckily, I'm one of the few level 12 Agents in the area so I can put in an edit. Maybe she'll be able to appreciate her Stop in the next year. Sucks she had to use an upgrade for this waste. I would love to file an "abuse" complaint on the wonderful individuals who did this.

• sophielabsophielab ✭✭✭

Putting the name of the park on your title or in your description makes it easier for reviewers to verify its existance and location. Although I did not see this specific nomination, I can't tell you how many times I have stared at a satelite view of thick tree canopy and nothing even labeled on google maps to give me a park to search for.

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

It's definitely needed and there's a lot of it to report.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Not visually unique is perfectly correct in this instance, there are already 8 of exactly the same looking trail markers in the area, with just a different K number.

This isnt a conspiracy or a strategy to deny new POI's, they all look identical, so dont expect every single one to go through.

From the guidelines

Visual Uniqueness

Does the nomination stand out from its surroundings? Wayspots that are easy to locate and visually distinct from the buildings and objects nearby make high-quality Wayspots and should be rated highly. If you think the nomination looks bland and will be hard to locate, give it a lower rating.

After 8 things looking the same, its the epitome of a bland candidate, and should be rated low

• You are asking for logic from a group of individuals that believe a park is not a park unless it has a sign. You are asking for sense from individuals that have said recently that a tennis wall and a tennis court are the same thing. You are looking in the wrong place. All they want is your free labor and to be thankful that you are allowed to give it to them. Beyond that please take your complaints somewhere else. Every object must truly be as unique a butterfly as the people running the circus.

• JeroenixJeroenix ✭✭✭

@GodZillaz88 That reason IS odd.. I always give 1* for visual uniqueness/culture in trailmarkers (because most of them are simply not that; they're little pieces of wood in the ground!). The rest is 5* if location, criteria for trailmarker, text and photo check out. Especially that trail, if my information is correct it's a very nice forested area.

Try, and try again. Help reviewers as much as possible without leading them to an answer. Direct them to the website of that area. Other than that, it's the usual occasional frustration. I once had a public library rejected because of "pedestrian access". :)

• @Theisman so by that logic we should only allow 1 portal per park. How many portals ingame are the exact same "Name of Park X"

The Kelso Conservation Area is over 30KM of hiking trails with full signage which as per Niantic guidelines are acceptable portals. The limit for closeness is not even close in this instance.

Factor in this is a major park area, and is even part of the Unesco World Biosphere and this park has tons of significant and historical value. The Bruce Trail (which happens to be one of those "other / similar" portals you are complaining about) is also well known worldwide and stretches over 900KM (and for the record someone ALSO denied a Bruce Trail marker its like crazy)

Also to @Jeroenix & @Theisman "visual uniqueness" was defined as being able to find the actual portal in real life, Even from the quoted guidelines "Does the nomination stand out from its surroundings? Wayspots that are easy to locate and visually distinct from the buildings and objects nearby make high-quality Wayspots and should be rated highly. If you think the nomination looks bland and will be hard to locate, give it a lower rating.".

This means if something is hard to locate or blends in with the surroundings you should be 1* it. This is a trail marker if it "blended in" and noone could find it then it would be pretty useless (the K number is used to reference on map so you can hike or worst case scenario so 911 services can locate you).

• PsychoX23PsychoX23 ✭✭✭

you do realize that giving a 1* even for visual uniqueness, rejects the nomination. If you want it rejected, then just reject it. If you want it accepted but don't think there's much to it visually, then give it a 2*.

• @janhm73 xref this thread same issue you had with your portal candidate and same idea to create an abuse system for obv wrong rejection reasons

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

You may need to actually re read the description of visual unique on the Wayfarer site

A visually unique nomination should not be something thats common in the area, having 8 posts of the same looking thing are not visually unique in the slightest.

If it was the first one in the area I'd give it 5* uniqueness, 2nd 4* 3rd 3* and so on.

I'm not saying, and have never said, that you should only have one of those as a POI, but you already have 8 in a small area, that look almost identical, you shouldnt be surprised that people are going to be 1* visual uniqueness for anymore and your sub being rejected for it.