You continue or stop?

jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

You continue or stop play Ingress when we only have Prime?

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I continue. Now i only use Prime on my Samsung Galaxy S10+

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely.

• BarthaxBarthax ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I mainly use Prime now but there are still plenty of things missing in Prime - Agent Stats and Photos are the main two I frequently switch to Redacted for. Portal submissions in Redacted allow for poor-signal submissions which Prime is still incapable of.

• VAINVAIN ✭✭✭✭

Continue. A lot of issues with Prime have been or are actively being worked on. It hasn't been a perfect rollout and it's a shame the app launched in the initial state it was in but Prime is at a point where I seldomly open redacted. YMMV on device specific issues.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know yet, but I'm willing to try. I'm emotionally atached to redacted and it's still difficult for me with prime, but I'll try for sure. Triangles are too important to just give up without a fight:)

• BarthaxBarthax ✭✭✭

My personal method of transitioning was to find a point where my principal Redacted activities were supported well by Prime - for me it was recharging & glyphing. Glyphing was a big problem in Prime for some months (inputting the glyphs was horrendously lagged but I actually missed the increase in display speed). I kept trying the recharging, so I was slowly exposed to the inventory changes over months (I'm still not very comfortable with it & occasionally accidentally hit recycle on entire Quantums!!). Once the glyphing was on par with redacted, I started using Prime much more and now favour it.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Still playing.

The redacted we all love took years to mold.

• I've been playing this game since 2013 and I can't imagine me not playing this game.

Play on.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I will move to Prime 100% only when I have to. It's going to take a while to retrain the muscle memory.

• P2063P2063 ✭✭✭

playing [redacted] since closed beta and have no intention of moving to a completely different looking game. the small changes they made to the old scanner (resonator carousel, mods, new items, balancing) were just fine, but i can't stand the prime look&feel.

• NelkonNelkon ✭✭✭

I probably won't stop completely playing Ingress, but until Niantic doesn't reaches full parity in features and performance, I'll be one of them who will always remember "the good old days".

These days...

...when the scanner and the portals turned up 2 minutes faster after an app reboot.

...when it was possible to submit portal edits and portal pictures

...when the review of a new portal picture didn't took 6 months or longer but just several days

...when the Scanner wasn't a memory hog as the Prime scanner and wasn't kicked out of RAM just because you checked an incoming email or Google Maps.

...when the UI was a lot snappier while playing train/bike/car-gress in a portal dense area.

I hope that they really have a lot of gameplay improvements in their product backlog, that are solely prevented because they have to support the legacy scanner. This could maybe make up for the points above. But if not, I think that I'll rather spend more time as a locals guide at Google Maps than being an Ingress Agent.

• In a telegram channel I was reading about a rework in the Prime UI, Ingress is part of my daily activity and so it will continue :D

• kelterkelter ✭✭

I am opting to stop if only prime is available and spending my time on other things. Prime does not provide what I as software developer expect from it.