Add "Unsafe" as a reason for rejection

124»

Comments

• MinzokuLeoMinzokuLeo ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Wow, I didn't check the forum again and this thread blew up...

So these are the submissions in question:

NOT a state park, a site SPECIFICALLY for hunting. Technically, pedestrians can access it! It's just a bad idea to direct non-hunters there. "Oh, but they can read the sign!" or... not? What if tourists pass by and they can't read English? That was my point.

Also, there's no specifically "Adult-oriented stores or services" option, if we're going that route.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

In this case, I believe it would fall under a shoo ting range as an ineligible Wayspot unfortunatly.

Edit: maybe I’ll start self censoring “shoo ting”. Represent the oo with a single asterisk.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I reviewed a sh*ting range just the other day. Ironically, the description stated "Fun group activity - safety is our biggest concern!"

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
  • grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭

No way there could be any connection there... those past discussions were about school policies in Maryland, this discussion is about state parks in Pennsylvania. I mean, that's not even the same state.

• JSteve0JSteve0 ✭✭✭

This is probably a very true statement. I don't see the irony. Sho oting can be very fun and if you're going to operate something like this, you better believe there are going to be a lot safety protocols in place.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I do believe that, @JSteve0, I am an active member of a gun range. I could argue the local cultural significance goes far beyond that of playgrounds or athletic fields, as well, and even may be a safer place to be. Safe handling and self awareness is truly is a concern for many, which is why I think most users of the gun range would frown on people suddenly showing up and running around on their phones, even if just at the clubhouse or parking lot.

The irony is that we're debating the safety when a nomination "clearly" states they are safe, as well as encouraging group sh*ting.