[Resolved] Intel Outage + Scanner Lag

2»

Comments

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

On Intel I'm seeing ghost fields and links, and I can't link thru them. (green links between blue portals).

Nearly all aspects of the scanner report errors, but the error messages are slow, inconsistent, misleading and sometimes lacking. It would be good if Niantic could improve the error messages. I think really the messages mean server communication error.

The most common error message right now shows a hex code and 'NoRetriesError'.

Bursting shows 'limit reached' on the first burst.

The 'Store' and 'Missions list' also dont open, so even if you dont have a portal to interact with you can try opening the store to see if the server is working.

Deploying does not have a message. The button ghosts and the attempted reso deploy times out and disappears.

Link can be similar... the link will 'fast link' and show a link casting... but then it times out and disappears.

Mission Authoring Tool appears unaffected by the outage.

• #Toss a coin to your hamster, oh valley of plenty..

• I thought they said the exact opposite - they were keeping the original sever code base but moving to lower cost hardware. And what we are seeing are scaling issues of the new server hardware cache.

Tuning a running live production server is scary, and they are probably trying to figure out exactly what is causing the problem

• MissKrazyMissKrazy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Ive also had that issue for the last few months when recharging - I'm in the UK.

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Re should be fixed

The scanner is currently working again... I just did some deploys successfully and reasonably fast.

But the ghost fields I made about 3 hours ago are still there in intel.

There are green ghost links between grey and blue portals and I can't link thru them.

• Same issue - ghost field created much earlier today is currently blocking rebuild.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

My scanner stopped working 20-ish minutes ago. :-( It was fine before that.

Edit: seems to be working now after a restart.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

works ok now but lets see if it will be stable later today at peak hours in USA...

• Ehhh this was marked as resolved but it did it to me this morning....

Hack Portal 1 & Deploy, attempt to Hack Portal 2 (cant) wait wait attempt Hack Portal 3 (cant) attempt to Hack Portal 1 again (too soon) oh now I can Hack Portal 2 finally

Scanner is still lagging quite a bit imo

• It's happening again. It's time to move to the early days of bug prime.

• beardedtitbeardedtit ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

That could be the 'speed lock'.

Tends to happed when you flip between games.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Slow today when i and other agent hack. Hope niantic can fix Ingress works normal and not lag with the new severs.

edited March 2020

Extreme slow now! Please fix the slow servers and Ingress Prime lag @NianticCasey @NianticBrian

• Again no server responses, same bug - super annoying

• RU001RU001 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Been like this for 1 week, Can u please fix thank you

• Yesterday and today (March 3 & 4) getting lag and ghost links repeatedly. take down a portal but the links stay up and I can't link past them. over and over again. super frustrating.

• some of the ghostlinks are showing on intel also. I killed this portal about 6 hours ago. showing white but with blue link still??

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.426389,-123.358628&z=17&pll=48.426361,-123.359879

• Thanks for flagging @playitloud @jontebula and @rockaBe, I've flagged this with the product team and am looking into what could be causing this. I'll circle back with an update as I have more information.

• Hey folks, got confirmation from the product team that they made a bit of a change on the backend that might address this. Are you still seeing lag and ghostlinks?

Thanks for easy understand and you whrite to all agents about way. 👍🏻

Take 1-3 months to complete full move to new severs?

• @NianticCasey it does not seem as bad, but yes still happening. Just took this screenshot now. Did not try to link across it to see if playability affected but it is def still ghosting

• I've been seeing ghost fields on IITC that come and go depending on the zoom level!

I can't imagine that the client side remembers such things across a restart.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

scanner lag is back with a vengeance this morning. Attempting to make links is a massive challenge. Even loading the scanner takes more than one try on a solid 4G connection. I'm guessing someone is mucking around with the backend of something or maybe resources are turned down or whatever. But it makes for a very nonfunctional game.

And Pro-Tip: If this original issue has been resolved, please close the thread. Leaving it open doesn't help anyone, including me for posting a potential new issue to an older thread.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

lots of lag with ghost links/fields so im not sure when this lag and issues will get resolved....