"Digital Readiness Kits" versus Loadout Cards

MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a bunch of Ingress loadout cards. Paid good money for them at anomalies past. Someone hikes 10 miles to a field blocker and is one refactor short? Here, have a loadout code. Out of gear when someone fields over my city? Loadout card. Out of gear during a hard-fought anomaly? Time for a few codes.

Automatic delivery of gear to my account at a time of Niantic's choosing? Not so much.

The last time I'd want to pay money for gear is right before an anomaly, when I'm at or over cap from all the fracking and community gear-sharing that goes on. Even when I bring hundreds (or even well over a thousand) of items to give to teammates from less-populated areas, I've never had a problem reaching my gear targets.

I know there are issues with redeeming gear codes, but please bring back this popular product, at least in digital form, instead of replacing it with something your most dedicated players have no interest in paying for.

(I've heard this many times in chat, but the only mention I can find in this forum is a possible altrnative at https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/comment/36107#Comment_36107 which didn't get much response.)

Comments