Niantic invalid portal reviewer

Please @NianticCasey , can someone have a look at the track record of @NianticKN and their inability to actually understand when something isn't valid or not

The rejected take down page is littered with posts where people have taken numerous pictures to prove things arent where they say they are, or are duplicated, and yet the majority are rejected.

Can you also please explain how you can provide "sufficent evidence " to have a POI that was a sculpture that has since been removed. Apparently showing pictures of the area and the fact ITS NOT THERE, is not sufficent.

The portal appeals process is a total joke, there is NO consistency in it, and peoples frustration with the fact we are supplying detailed evidence and yet being told its insufficient, is palpable

Tagged:

Comments

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If we tell you by what measures we use to discriminate between valid removal suggestions and invalid ones, then players may start abusing that knowledge and create (more) havoc with the portal/wayfarer system"

Except they're not saying that, and I'm personally too paranoid to suspect that that's why they're not saying it.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a point and tbh i wrote the OP when in a bad mood so may have ranted a tad.

I'd just be happy with some consistency in how things were done as currently it feels more pot luck if you get a removal agreed or not.

That and apart from taking pictures of a location to prove something isn't there, there is nothing else you can do in the majority of cases to prove its no longer there.

Its just massively massively frustrating

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've successfully had three portals removed (one dangerous, two MIA), and one never-should-have-been-because-cheap-dollar-store-painting-on-apartment-wall-passed-off-as-art that just won't go away.

ALL of the successful removals were prior to the current community.ingress.com, umm, situation. ALL were initially rejected, and required me to do even MORE work dredging up online newspaper articles, links to new photospheres, etc.

And the portal that won't go away? I took a photosphere at its precise gps location (well, within ~2-3 feet), it's clearly at the edge of a parking lot. And not a wall within 40m of the spot save a parking garage on a neighbouring property.

• Hi folks,

Thanks for providing this feedback. I know that report denials can be frustrating, especially when a lot of work is put into submitting them. That being said, I think that the community might be better served if we can find a way to provide more insight and context behind denials so that at least you know why the request/report is being denied.

I'll sit down with KN and see what we can do without crossing the line of providing too much information.

I appreciate your understanding.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers Casey and apologies if my initial post was a tad abrupt but as you say it can be a pretty frustrating experience.

Im perfectly happy to not know what process you use to evaluate the accuracy of an invalid report, but it would be helpful to have a rough idea of the type of information your seeking to make your decisions

• AgentB0ssAgentB0ss ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful, this is something I’ve requested in the past. When an appeal is denied to get a reason as to why. Thank you.

• Echo92Echo92 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

submitted removal of portals on private property and school playground and schools.

reasons not given makes it all very confusing.

all denied have no faith in nia , no reason given or explaination.

seems like denial to me.